Senior Finance Officer (Revenue)
- Fast-paced opportunity for an experienced Bookkeeper or Accountant with an established local government in WA
- Excellent remuneration package circa $88,435-$103,385 inclusive of super and rent-free accommodation!
- Additional relocation assistance is available up to $3,500!
About the Opportunity
The Shire of Wiluna now has an exciting opportunity for a Senior Finance Officer - Revenue to join their team in Wiluna, WA. This is a full-time role, offered on a 3 year contract basis.
Reporting to the Manager - Finance, you will be primarily responsible for managing the Shire's rating database/Rate Records to ensure that it balances to the valuation rolls and reconciles to the general ledger. You will carry out all rating and sundry debtors functions, ensuring they are carried out in a timely manner and correctly allocated.
Some of your key duties will include (but will not be limited to):
- Carrying out all rating functions in a timely manner, including the issuing of annual rates notices, overdue notices, instalment notices and interim rates notices;
- Carrying out all sundry debtors’ functions including the raising of debtors’ invoices as required, the issuing of monthly statements and overdue notices, production of monthly aged debtors trial balances;
- Monitoring all overdue rates and sundry debts, referring them promptly to the Shire’s debt collection agency and regularly following-up, reporting apparently unrecoverable debts to the Deputy CEO; and
- Assisting the Manager of Finance, other Shire managers, and the Shire’s Auditor with responses to queries relating to accounting transactions.
To view a full position description, please click here.
To be considered for this position you will hold relevant experience in a similar bookkeeping or accounting role, ideally gained within a local government or similar industry. Qualifications in Bookkeeping or Accounting would be highly desired, but are not mandatory providing you have the above experience.
You will need to have an understanding of OSH principles and procedures; well-developed interpersonal skills; and strong computer skills, particularly with MS-Excel and computerised accounting software.
This role would be well suited to someone with a 'can-do' attitude, who works well in a team environment and can work autonomously to follow directions and meet deadlines.
A 'C' class driver's license, Police Clearance and Medical Clearance are all essential to being considered.
Please note: Candidates must have the right to live and work in Australia, and provide evidence of this.
About the Benefits
This is a fantastic opportunity for an experienced Bookkeeper or Accountant to enhance their career within a stable local council. If you are looking for a change of lifestyle, a new adventure, or the opportunity to grow your career, this is the role for you!
The successful candidate will be rewarded with a highly attractive salary package circa $88,435-$103,385, negotiable with skills and experience. This is made up of a base salary of $64,300-$74,300 (commensurate with experience), plus super and rent-free accommodation.
Negotiable relocation assistance of up to $3,500 is also provided, making it a great opportunity for interstate candidates wanting to apply!
Working closely with the Manager-Finance, you will have access to a wealth of knowledge and experience, ensuring you thrive in this role. Council also encourages ongoing training and professional development opportunities for all employees.
About Shire of Wiluna
The Shire of Wiluna is a district comprising 182,156 square kilometres of predominantly desert and pastoral country which is situated deep in the beautiful but rugged the Murchison goldfields subregion of the boom state of Western Australia. As one of the more isolated local governments in the State, the Shire faces unique challenges and opportunities.
The Shire administration is based in the township of Wiluna, which is situated on the Goldfields Highway about 833kms from Perth. There are regular public transport flights from Perth three days per week and a direct sealed road link to Kalgoorlie which is 533kms away. Wiluna sits on the edge of the Western Desert and has a population of around 200 people, predominantly of Aboriginal descent. Although Wiluna is undeniably small and remote, it is a very liveable town offering good lifestyle opportunities and all the necessary local infrastructure, including a general store and post office, a primary school, a police station and a medical centre.
If you're an experienced Bookkeeper or Accountant looking for your next challenge - Apply Now!