Maternal & Early Childhood Home Visiting Program Manager
- Are you a Registered Nurse with experience working in remote or cross-culture communities?
- Highly attractive base salary circa $113,497 - $118,262 plus super!
- Huge range of benefits including salary sacrificing options up to $15,899, 6 weeks annual leave per year and more!
About the Organisation
Sunrise Health Service Aboriginal Corporation is a community controlled Health Organisation.
The Sunrise approach involves community people taking part in controlling their own health. Everything from financial management and governance, staff selection and service delivery priorities are directed by the organisation's Aboriginal Board and Community Health Committees.
Sunrise Health Service Aboriginal Corporation works in partnership with Northern Territory PHN (NT PHN), who provide support services to health professionals and organisation across the Northern Territory. NT PHN offers support and assistance to eligible nurses and allied health professionals who are relocating to the NT for the purposes of employment.
About the Opportunities
Sunrise Health Service Aboriginal Corporation has a unique opportunity for a Maternal and Early Childhood Home Visiting Program Manager to join their dedicated team based in Katherine and providing outreach services to remote communities in the region.
The successful applicant will be responsible for managing and supporting a multidisciplinary and integrated community-based approach to maternal and early child health in accordance with the MECSH program schedule. You will be required to provide assessment, screening, support, advice and referral services to vulnerable and at-risk mothers, families and carers with children to the age of three years old.
You will collaborate extensively with other areas and organisations (both internal and external) to achieve best-possible program outcomes.
Some of your key responsibilities will include (but will not be limited to):
- Introducing and establishing the new MECSH program and ensuring an integrated, multi-disciplinary approach to primary health care;
- Working closely with community elders to ensure the program is culturally and socially beneficial;
- Supporting and enabling mothers and families to enhance their coping and problem-solving skills, foster positive parenting skills and mentor maternal-infant bonding and attachment;
- Promoting, supporting and modelling positive parent-infant interaction and delivery of a child development parent education program;
- Supporting parents to be future-oriented for themselves and their children; and
- Promoting and supporting staff as the key health providers in the community to facilitate the delivery of culturally appropriate health care.
Although the SHS office is located in Katherine, you will need to live and work in remote communities during the week. SHS will provide accommodation for any overnight stays while working in the communities.
To be considered for this position, you must be a Registered Nurse and have (or be eligible for) registration with AHPRA. Previous experience working in an Aboriginal or cross culture community is essential.
Candidates must be able to demonstrate a sound knowledge of primary health care principles and their application in a remote Aboriginal community setting.
Sunrise is seeking an individual who can display the initiative, discretion and cultural sensitivity needed to support and drive this exciting new program across the communities. You will be comfortable living in a remote environment and working under Aboriginal management and control. No two days will be the same and as a result, highly resourceful candidates will thrive here.
The successful candidates must be willing to undergo a Working With Children Check or hold a current Ochre Card and have an unrestricted NT drivers licence.
About the Benefits
Your dedication will be rewarded with a highly attractive base salary circa $113,497-$118,262 (based on skills and experience) plus super.
You will also have access to a huge range of other benefits including:
- 6 weeks leave per year;
- Access to company vehicle for work-related travel;
- Laptop and Phone;
- Up to 10 days study leave;
- Salary packaging options up to $15,899 per year; and
- Full support from the Sunrise health team.
Working at Sunrise Health Service and living in the Katherine region has lifestyle benefits that are unique to the Northern Territory. With the Katherine Gorge on your doorstep and an incredible outdoor lifestyle on offer, combined with some of the best fishing in the world, the Northern Territory is the place to be to make the most of life’s adventures.
Don't miss out on these unique opportunities in which you can truly make a difference - Apply Now!