Mental Health Registered Nurse
- Are you a Registered Nurse with experience in Mental Health looking for a varied and rewarding role?
- Make a difference to community mental health across the Northern Territory, with plenty of support on hand!
- Attractive remuneration, circa $103,067 - $110,729 plus super and generous salary sacrifice options!
About the Organisation
Sunrise Health Service Aboriginal Corporation is a community controlled Health Organisation.
The Sunrise approach involves community people taking part in controlling their own health. Everything from financial management and governance, staff selection and service delivery priorities are directed by the organisation's Aboriginal Board and Community Health Committees.
Sunrise Health Service Aboriginal Corporation works in partnership with Northern Territory PHN (NT PHN), who provide support services to health professionals and organisation across the Northern Territory.
About the Opportunity
Sunrise Health Service has multiple rewarding opportunities for Mental Health Registered Nurses to join their dedicated, multidisciplinary team in the Katherine region, on a full-time ongoing basis, subject to funding.
Reporting to the Senior Aboriginal Mental Health Professional, you will be responsible for providing expert support to clients requiring mental health care, their families, and the remote based staff providing care. The role will include a combination of clinical care as well as health promotion around Mental Health.
Your primary responsibilities will include (but will not be limited to):
- Demonstrating a high standard of professional practice and clinical leadership that incorporates best practice, education, and research;
- Contributing to and assisting the multidisciplinary Primary Health Care and Population Health Team in the case management, coordination and decision making for clients requiring Mental Health Care;
- Building, developing and maintaining strong relationships within the community;
- Facilitating links for SHS communities and health centres to specialist mental health services;
- Actively promoting mental health awareness and primary prevention;
- Facilitating better access to quality care for people with mental health-related conditions; and
- Providing leadership for organisational learning in mental health.
Although the SHS office is located in Katherine, you will need to live and work in remote communities during the week. SHS will provide accommodation for any overnight stays while working in the communities.
To be considered, you must be a Registered Nurse with experience in Mental Health and have demonstrated knowledge and skills in managing Mental Health conditions. Previous experience working in an Aboriginal community or in a Management position would be a significant advantage.
The ideal candidate will have an understanding and adhere to the principles of Aboriginal community control of health services, and an ability to practice in a sensitive and culturally safe manner.
Sunrise Health Service is seeking an adaptable and flexible individual who has well-developed analytical and problem-solving skills, a demonstrated understanding of the principles of primary health care in remote locations, and a demonstrated ability to work within a multidisciplinary primary health care environment.
Candidates who are open to change, accepting of Aboriginal people, comfortable living in a remote environment and who are willing to learn the ways of the people will be best suited to this position.
About the Benefits
This is an integral role in improving the mental health outcomes in remote Aboriginal communities. There is a large amount of scope for a candidate with drive and passion to grow and develop this role over time. In addition, you will receive ongoing professional training opportunities to ensure your future career excels.
Your hard work and dedication will be rewarded with an attractive remuneration, circa $103,067 - $110,729 plus super.
This package includes:
- 6 weeks leave per year;
- Up to 10 days study leave;
- Laptop and Phone;
- Salary packaging options; and
- Full support from the health team;
Working at Sunrise Health Service and living in the Katherine region has lifestyle benefits that are unique to the Northern Territory. With Australia's most stunning landscapes on your doorstep and an incredible outdoor lifestyle on offer, the Northern Territory is the place to be to make the most of life’s adventures.
Don’t miss this opportunity to join a dedicated team in producing improved mental health outcomes for the community – Apply Now!