- Are you a solicitor looking to make a real difference in the community?
- Join this community-based NFP in this rewarding and challenging role.
- All experience levels encouraged to apply.
- Enjoy an attractive remuneration circa $80,566 gross per annum plus 9.5% super and 17.5% leave loading.
- Full-time role (38 hours per week).
- Eligible employees may also benefit from salary sacrifice options to further increase your take-home pay.
- Time off in lieu arrangements available.
- 3 days ex gratia leave available over the Christmas/New Year period.
About Cairns Community Legal Centre
The Cairns Community Legal Centre is a non-profit, government-funded community organisation, committed to providing free legal and social justice services to a range of disadvantaged clients.
The Centre extends its services across a range of areas of law including guardianship, domestic violence, peace and good behaviour matters, consumer law, credit, debt, motor vehicle property damage, discrimination, family law, child protection, and criminal and traffic matters.
This work is provided for a diverse range of clients including people with disabilities, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds, those experiencing domestic or family violence, financial difficulties and homelessness.
A Rewarding Opportunity
The Cairns Community Legal Centre is now seeking a full-time Solicitor to join their team.
Reporting to the Centre's Principal Solicitor, you will be responsible for undertaking high quality legal work that seeks to make a difference.
Some of your daily responsibilities will include (but will not be limited to):
- Undertaking weekly advice clinics, including at each of the Centre’s outreach locations;
- Providing duty lawyer services;
- Performing ongoing casework and client representation, including drafting and settling court and other documents, appearances, undertaking ongoing negotiations on behalf of clients as well as other work required to effect ongoing assistance to clients;
- Identifying, developing, organising and delivering quality community education work; and
- Addressing systemic issues, including through the provision of law reform work.
As a member of the Centre’s team, you’ll also share workloads with your colleagues, and be actively involved in promotional and other activities aimed at the ongoing development of Centre services and which seek to meet its corporate goals.
For further information on the position, please click here.
Please note: Applications will now close 6:00pm, Monday 1st April, 2019
The Cairns Community Legal Centre is looking for an individual who holds a Bachelor of Laws Degree. In addition, you will have (or be eligible for) admission as a solicitor of the Supreme Court of Queensland and a practising certificate which entitles you to practise as a solicitor in Queensland.
CCLC encourages applications from Solicitors with all levels of experience to apply!
The successful candidate will be an adaptable and agile individual, with the ability to respond to emerging demands. A strong team player, you'll demonstrate respect, have a positive attitude and enthusiastically accept new challenges as they arise. Well developed interpersonal and communication skills will be key for your success, as will the ability to effectively manage competing priorities.
Importantly, you'll be passionate about the work you'll be doing, and will have a genuine interest in working to help people who are experiencing disadvantage. You will also work with a strong spirit of service to get results and achieve positive client outcomes.