Health Promotion Coordinator
- Are you looking for a new opportunity to grow and develop your skills? Join this reputable Aboriginal Health Service!
- Attractive remuneration package circa $83,256 to $99,841 plus generous allowances and salary sacrifice options!
- Amazing work/life balance, giving you the chance to explore the wondrous Australian outback!
About the Opportunity
Sunrise Health Service (SHS) now has a rewarding opportunity for a Health Promotion Coordinator to join their dedicated, multidisciplinary team on a full-time basis.
Reporting to the Prevention/Chronic Disease Cluster Leader, your primary responsibility will be planning, implementing and evaluating health promotion initiatives throughout the SHS communities and managing and mentoring three community-based workers.
Key responsibilities include:
- Devising a health promotion strategic plan around general health promotion;
- Coordinating the general health promotion activities;
- Coordinating and implementing a social media/marketing campaign to use for health promotion;
- Engaging in community consultations regularly, including gathering feedback;
- Building and maintaining partnerships with local stakeholders to help develop and support a coordinated approach to health promotion in communities; and
- Coordinating the development of new culturally-appropriate Health Promotion resources when needed.
Although the SHS office is located in Katherine, you may need to live and work in remote communities during the week. SHS will provide accommodation for any overnight stays while working in the communities.
To view the full Position Description, click here.
Sunrise Health Service is seeking an individual with an undergraduate or postgraduate degree in Health Promotion or a related discipline such as Allied Health.
The successful candidate must have experience designing, planning, implementing and evaluating community-driven health promotion programs and activities in a remote Aboriginal or cross-culture community.
You will have a community development approach and the ability to practice in a sensitive and culturally safe manner; you will understand and adhere to the principles of Aboriginal community control of health services.
Excellent communications skills are a must, including well developed cross-cultural interpersonal abilities.
The successful candidate should be prepared to undertake considerable travel into remote communities surrounding Katherine, as such an unrestricted drivers licence will be essential.
To be considered, you must be willing to undergo a Police Check and Working with Children Check prior to commencing employment and have an unrestricted drivers licence.
About the Benefits
This is a rewarding role that offers you the opportunity to advance your career as part of a highly respected organisation. In addition, you will receive ongoing professional training opportunities to ensure your future career excels.
Your dedication will be rewarded with an attractive remuneration package circa $83,256 to $99,841 (commensurate with qualifications and experience) plus a range of benefits including:
- 6 weeks leave per year;
- Up to 10 days study leave;
- Salary packaging options;
- Relocation Assistance; and
- Travel allowances.
Additionally, working at Sunrise Health Service and living in the Katherine region has lifestyle benefits that are unique to the Northern Territory. With Australia's most stunning landscapes on your doorstep and an incredible outdoor lifestyle on offer, the Northern Territory is the place to be to make the most of life’s adventures.
About the Organisation
Sunrise Health Service Aboriginal Corporation's main purpose is to improve the health and wellbeing of the people in the region east of Katherine in the Northern Territory using a holistic approach that includes a high standard of medical care, the promotion of social justice and the overcoming of the sickness that affects so many people in the region. This is done through the organisation's health clinics and health education, mixing together traditional Indigenous culture and the best of mainstream medicine.
Most importantly, the Sunrise approach involves community people taking part in controlling their own health. Everything from financial management and governance, staff selection and service delivery priorities are directed by the organisation's Aboriginal Board and Community Health Committees. The organisation proudly boast ISO 9001 and AGPAL accreditation.
Sunrise provides a fulfilling and stimulating work environment in a diverse range of areas for those seeking a career in Indigenous Health.
Please note: Applications close 28th October 2019 at 6 PM.