Client Information & Administration Support Officer
- Are you you working in administration looking for a career change?
- Join this community-based NFP in this rewarding and challenging role
- Attractive remuneration circa $60,000 gross per annum plus 9.5% super and 17.5% leave loading
- Full-time role (38 hours per week)
- Eligible employees may also benefit from salary sacrifice options to further increase their take-home pay
- Time off in lieu arrangements available
- 3 days ex gratia leave available over the Christmas/New Year period, in addition to 4 weeks annual leave
About Cairns Community Legal Centre
The Cairns Community Legal Centre is a non-profit, government-funded community organisation, committed to providing free legal and social justice services to a range of disadvantaged clients.
The Centre extends its services across a range of areas of law including guardianship, administration, domestic violence, peace and good behaviour matters, consumer law, credit, debt, motor vehicle property damage, discrimination and human rights, family law, child protection, and criminal and traffic matters.
This work is provided for a diverse range of clients including people with disabilities, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds, those experiencing domestic or family violence, financial difficulties and homelessness.
A Rewarding Opportunity
The Cairns Community Legal Centre now has an exciting opportunity for a Client Information and Administration Support Officer to join their team on a full-time basis.
Reporting to the Finance and Administration Manager, you will provide information, referrals, client intake and administrative support for the Centre and all of its workers, across all service programs.
Your daily responsibilities will include (but will not be limited to):
- Performing client intake including completing intake information and allocating appointments in accordance with the Centre’s client eligibility criteria, guidelines and other processes and requirements;
- Providing office administration support including photocopying, filing, data entry and organising meetings;
- Providing assistance at the Centre’s duty lawyer service;
- Receptionist duties, including answering the phone, greeting visitors and handling enquiries; and
- Other duties as required including assisting volunteers, attending stalls, participating in team activities and internal housekeeping duties.
As a member of the Centre's team, you will also share workloads with your colleagues, and be involved in assisting Senior Employees with:
- Volunteer induction;
- Maintenance of Centre resources; and
- Other work functions/activities aimed at the ongoing development of Centre services which seek to meet its corporate goals.
For further information on the position, please click here.
Suitable candidates should have previous experience in administration, reception and/or client services capacity, with the ability to provide high-quality administrative work.
The successful candidate will be an adaptable and agile individual, with the ability to respond to emerging demands. A strong team player, you'll demonstrate respect, have a positive attitude and enthusiastically accept new challenges as they arise. Well developed interpersonal and communication skills will be key for your success, as will the ability to effectively manage competing priorities.
You will have a sound knowledge of procedural and operational methods of the workplace and high-level computer skills, including Microsoft Office and Excel. You will be capable of using your existing knowledge and sound judgement to solve problems relevant to your position and be able to exercise initiative in establishing goals, objectives or outcomes for your work.
Please note: Applications will close at 5:00pm, Friday 27th September 2019