- Join an emergency service organisation that saves lives and serves the community on the water.
- Utilise your fleet management skills and further your career in the maritime industry.
- Attractive remuneration package plus access to a not-for-profit salary sacrifice scheme!
About the Organisation
Marine Rescue NSW (MRNSW) is the State’s legislated marine rescue service, committed to the mission of saving lives on what is the busiest coastline and waterways in the country.
Boasting the largest and most advanced search and rescue fleet in Australasia, along with the most extensive marine VHF radio network, the 3,000 highly trained volunteers and staff in 44 strategically located units deliver this life-saving service 24/7/365.
The Headquarters staff at MRNSW provide a well-resourced and close-knit management and support team function for our volunteer units as well as government and community partners and stakeholders.
About the Opportunity
MRNSW now have an exciting opportunity for a Fleet Officer to join their team based at Cronulla, on a permanent, full-time basis.
Reporting to the Fleet Manager, you will play a pivotal role in meeting the goals of the Fleet Modernisation Program as well as maintaining and enhancing operational capacity.
The Fleet Officer will be responsible for supporting significant capital projects valued at millions of dollars per year, with a continuing focus on innovation. Taking a lead role in reviewing and strengthening policy related to auxiliary equipment and systems including slipways/winches/berths and refuelling/fuel storage are an important part of this position.
Your day-to-day responsibilities will include (but not be limited to):
- Supporting the programs, policies and resources relating to Fleet Operations and other departments as determined by the MRNSW strategic and business plans;
- Maintaining and supporting vessel servicing, repairs and maintenance programs;
- Administering the MRNSW fleet of vehicles and trailers;
- Developing and supporting vessel and operational equipment policy/procedure/guideline development as required;
- Leading capital and auxiliary equipment/system reviews and innovation projects; and
- Strengthening and maintaining effective and positive relations with internal MRNSW staff, volunteers and external stakeholders to achieve MRNSW objectives.
To view the full Position Description, click here.
If you’re passionate about making a tangible difference in your community and have genuine interest in marine vessels, this is the opportunity for you!
To be successful in this role you will need to have demonstrated experience in fleet management, ideally in the maritime sector. Experience in planning and project management are also required.
MRNSW is seeking an individual who has experience or understanding of maritime legislation, regulations, resource and policy/procedure development related to domestic commercial vessels or similar relatable experience in an emergency service or government context.
You will need to be articulate, personable and engaging with excellent written and communication skills and a high competency in MS office. You will also have high-level attention to detail and be highly organised, able to work autonomously as required.
Please note: You must hold a current, unrestricted Australian Driver's Licence.
About the Benefits
Marine Rescue NSW is made up of personnel who are motivated to give their time, energy and service to their communities.
The importance of the role sees a competitive salary on offer (negotiable based on experience), plus access to a not-for-profit salary sacrifice package. In addition, you will enjoy coming to work every day in arguably one of the best office locations in all of Sydney - with waterside views, ample free parking and only a short distance to the Cronulla Train Station.
This is a fantastic opportunity for the right person to step into a pivotal role in a Statewide emergency service organisation - APPLY NOW!