Emergency Systems Manager
- Enjoy being a part of an emergency service organisation working to save lives across NSW!
- Work out of the #1 office location in Sydney with a healthy working environment!
- Attractive remuneration package plus access to a not-for-profit salary sacrifice scheme!
About the Organisation
Marine Rescue NSW (MRNSW) is the State’s legislated marine rescue service, committed to the mission of saving lives on what is the busiest coastline and waterways in the country.
Boasting the largest and most advanced search and rescue fleet in Australasia, along with the most extensive marine VHF radio network, the 3,000 highly trained volunteers and staff in 44 strategically located units deliver this life-saving service 24/7/365.
The Headquarters staff at MRNSW provide a well-resourced and close-knit management and support team function for our volunteer units as well as government and community partners and stakeholders.
About the Opportunity
Marine Rescue NSW now have an exciting opportunity for a driven Emergency Systems Manager to join their team based at Cronulla, on a permanent, full-time basis.
Supporting the Director Operations and staff/volunteer leaderships teams, you will help to develop, implement and maintain state-wide radio communications and emergency management systems and procedures in order to strengthen the delivery of the emergency service obligations and capability of MRNSW.
You will work closely with emergency service/management stakeholders, radio communications and IT service agents/providers, MRNSW staff and unit leaders, as well as with partner government agencies, and rescue organisations.
Your day-to-day responsibilities will include (but not be limited to):
- Working and consulting with the NSW Telco Authority, emergency service agencies and relevant organisations regarding network partnerships and co-sharing arrangements;
- Managing and coordinating the maintenance and expansion of MRNSW radio communications infrastructure, including establishing and managing service level agreements with technical providers;
- Coordinating the implementation of approved outcomes from the MRNSW Communications Review & Strategy;
- Managing effective communication with units and regional staff related to radio communications and emergency management issues; and
- Contributing to the development of MRNSW strategic, management and project plans and budgets.
Due to the volunteer-based nature of the organisation, this role will require work outside of regular business hours, including (on occasion) weekend work. MRNSW understands the demands this places on its staff and is dedicated to providing a flexible, supportive working environment.
For more information, please view the position description here.
To be successful in this role you will need have experience working in a communications or information technology role. You will need to have experience in planning and project management, as well as proven experience in policy and procedure development.
You will be an articulate, personable and engaging communicator with excellent time management and prioritisation skills.
Your calm and patient demeanour will be crucial to your success in negotiating the multiple competing demands of this role, in addition to exceptional people management skills.
Excellent written and oral communication skills and high level computer literacy, including proficiency in Microsoft Suite, are a must. You will also have meticulous planning and organisational skills.
Most importantly, you will be committed to working in support of volunteers, bringing a strong work ethic and willingness to put in extra effort as needed to get the best results.
Please note: As regular travel is required (including occasional state-wide or national travel), you must hold a current, unrestricted Australian Driver's Licence.
About the Benefits
Marine Rescue NSW is made up of personnel who are motivated to give their time, energy and service to their communities. The importance of the role sees a competitive salary on offer (negotiable based on experience), plus access to a not-for-profit salary sacrifice package. In addition, you will enjoy coming to work every day in arguably one of the best office locations in all of Sydney - with waterside views, ample free parking and only a short distance to the Cronulla Train Station.
This is a fantastic opportunity for the right person to step into a pivotal management position with an important emergency service organisation - APPLY NOW!