Instructional Designer (Training & Education)
- Rare opportunity to utilise your education background to take a leading training innovation role with a world-class emergency service organisation!
- Work out of the #1 office location in Sydney with a healthy working environment and great work/life balance!
- Attractive remuneration package, including access to a not-for-profit salary sacrifice scheme!
About the Organisation
Marine Rescue NSW (MRNSW) is the State’s legislated marine rescue service, committed to the mission of saving lives on what are the busiest coastlines and waterways in the country.
Boasting the largest and most advanced search and rescue fleet in Australasia, along with the most extensive marine VHF radio network, the 3,000 highly trained volunteers and staff in 44 strategically located units deliver this life-saving service 24/7/365.
The Headquarters staff at MRNSW provide a well-resourced and close-knit management and support team function for their volunteer units as well as government and community partners and stakeholders.
About the Opportunity
Marine Rescue NSW now has an exciting opportunity for an experienced Instructional Designer (Training & Education) to join their team in Cronulla on a permanent, full-time basis.
Reporting to the Assistant Director (Training and Education), you will be responsible for developing, delivering and evaluating essential training and assessment solutions that provide MRNSW members with the skills and knowledge required to meet the company’s needs as a world-class marine rescue organisation.
This role will see you working closely with MRNSW staff including trainers, assessors, volunteers and unit leaders, as well as several external organisations and authorities.
Your day-to-day responsibilities will include (but not be limited to):
- Supporting the scoping, development and implementation of innovative training and assessment solutions for a state-wide emergency service of 3000+ personnel;
- Supporting the management and compliance requirements of MRNSW as a leading marine-based RTO;
- Providing expertise in the development and implementation of community education and public safety initiatives;
- Coordinating and supporting the information management/data systems of the MRNSW RTO, including course processing and database management, assessment verification and certificate issue;
- Providing quality project management leadership, including the development plans and budgets; and
- Responding to queries from members and resolving issues or workshopping solutions to any problems as required.
Due to the nature of the organisation, this role may require some occasional work outside of regular business hours, including weekends. MRNSW understands the demands this places on its staff and this is offset by ‘rostered days off’ taken immediately after approved weekend work.
For more information, please view the position description here.
To be successful in this role you will need to hold a tertiary qualification in Adult Education or similar, and a Certificate IV in Training and Assessment.
You will have demonstrated experience working in an RTO, working with volunteers, and in the design, development and implementation of training resources and solutions; including face to face, self paced, distance and online.
It is essential that you are an articulate, personable and engaging communicator, with the ability to undertake analysis of roles and clearly articulate the skills or knowledge required to meet organisation requirements
Excellent written and oral communication skills, high level computer literacy and the ability to produce videos and use email distribution software are a must.
You will have meticulous prioritisation and time management skills and be systematic, organised and accurate in your work, with an elevated attention to detail.
About the Benefits
Marine Rescue NSW is a world-class organisation committed to working collaboratively at all levels and made up of personnel who are highly motivated and passionate about saving lives and preventing injury on NSW Waterways.
You will be rewarded with a highly competitive salary (negotiable based on skills and experience) plus super, including access to not-for-profit salary sacrificing options.
Not only will you benefit from your own dedicated office, ample free parking, and a flexible working environment; you will get to work each day in arguably one of the best office locations in all of Sydney - with waterside views; adjacent cafes, beaches and coastal tracks; and only a short distance to the Cronulla Train Station.
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a vital emergency service organisation and help to save lives - APPLY NOW!