Associate Head of Campus - Curriculum Leader - WA
- Do you want to directly make an impact on disenfranchised young people's educational journey?
- Bring your teaching and leadership experience to this incredibly rewarding opportunity working with a multidisciplinary and supportive team!
Edmund Rice Education Australia Youth+ (EREA Youth+) is a network of flexible learning centres that offer young people an opportunity to reconnect with education in a setting that is inclusive and flexible. With a focus on literacy, numeracy and project based learning, all programming and learning activities are developed based on young people’s individual education plans which are differentiated based on learning levels and what they require to re-engage.
Geraldton Flexible Learning Centre (GFLC) is a coeducational Catholic CARE school in the Edmund Rice tradition and part of the EREA Youth+ Central West Flexi Schools Network. It has a clear commitment to social justice and stands in solidarity with young people of all social, cultural and religious backgrounds, with a particular sensitivity to Aboriginal and Torres Strait Island culture.
The school provides engaging learning experiences that address the social needs of students and promotes their emotional, cognitive, spiritual, physical and educational development. All staff work collaboratively as part of a multidisciplinary team to provide educational and wellbeing support to our young people.
About the Opportunity
EREA Youth+ now has an exciting and rewarding opportunity for a full-time Associate Head of Campus - Curriculum Leader to join the Geraldton Flexible Learning Centre , which is approximately 4 hours north of Perth.
Reporting to the Head of Campus/Network Principal, this pivotal leadership role will see you responsible for enhancing, developing and maintaining the education, wellbeing and social inclusion responses for young people enrolled at Geraldton FLC. You will play a key role in the development of innovative curriculum responses to achieve positive learning and wellbeing outcomes. You will be responsible for administrative processes relating to educational performance, as well as providing leadership to all staff.
More specifically, some of your key duties will include:
Providing support and leadership to the development of educational programs for young people;
- Developing and coordinating appropriate educational measurement and reporting procedures;
- Participating in, and leading, program provision to enhance our Youth+ practice in an inclusive learning environment;
- Carrying out work in a manner that enhances team;
- Leading Professional Development and support processes for performance reviews;
- Ensuring child safety procedures are established and implemented according to policy in consultation with the Head of Campus and Network Principal;
- Providing administrative leadership to site; and
- Performing other identified duties specific to the role in a Flexible Learning Centre.
For more information, please see the position description.
To be considered for this position you must be a qualified teacher eligible for Teacher Registration in Western Australia, possess extensive experience in a diverse educational environment and have least 5 years experience in middle management or a leadership role (or the experience and drive to step up into a leadership position).
The ideal candidate will be highly independent and organised, using their creative solutions focus and collaborative leadership style to effectively bring staff together to deliver the best outcomes for both staff and students alike.
You will have an experience and understanding of working with disenfranchised young people, with exceptional interpersonal and intercultural communication and negotiation skills that enable you to engage and invest in the community to build trusting relationships.
Please note: Prior to commencement, you must obtain Working with Children Clearance. Some transporting duties may be required to support program activities for young people, and as such, a Current Unrestricted Australian Driver's Licence is essential, with Light Rigid classification, or willingness to obtain one.
About the Benefits
This is a fantastic opportunity to become involved in a multidisciplinary and supportive workplace while reaping the incredible rewards that arise from the challenges faced day-to-day. You will see the direct impact you've made on young people's educational journey during your time with EREA Youth+, and will enjoy a long-lasting and extremely gratifying career.
In return for your hard work and dedication, you will be rewarded with an attractive remuneration package, based on your experience level (in line with the roman Catholic Archbishop of Perth Teachers Enterprise bargaining Agreement 2015; Salary Schedule June 2019).
In addition, EREA Youth+ provides ongoing professional development opportunities.
Bring your leadership skills to this rewarding role reuniting young people with educational opportunities - Apply Now!
To apply for this role, please provide the following documents and answers to the Selection Criteria below:
- A cover letter outlining your experience including a declaration that you are a suitable person for Child Related employment.
- Your responses to the Selection Criteria – available in the Job Description – no more than 3 pages in length.
- A curriculum vitae outlining relevant work history, including contact details of at least two referees, relevant to the position.
Applications close – 2 pm - 1 November 2019. – WA time zone.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples are very strongly encouraged to apply!