Operational Health Services Manager
- Senior management opportunity with an Aboriginal community-controlled primary health care service in remote NT
- Attractive remuneration circa $106,180 - $127,214 + super, negotiable with skills and experience
- Amazing further benefits including 6 weeks annual leave, salary sacrificing, free gym membership, free general dentistry, and an annual professional development allowance!
About the Organisation
Anyinginyi Health Aboriginal Corporation (AHAC) is a multi-disciplinary organisation which provides primary health care services to the Aboriginal people of Tennant Creek and the surrounding Barkly region.
Anyinginyi consists of five different sections (Health Centre, Corporate Services, Public Health Unit, Sports and Recreation, and Piliyintinji-Ki Stronger Families) which allows them to have an holistic approach to health ensuring that clients' physical and emotional health and wellbeing is given the utmost priority.
Anyinginyi's vision is Aboriginal people in the Barkly region enjoy equity in health status with that of other Australian citizens. Anyinginyi's purpose is to be a provider of high quality holistic primary health care services focusing on the Aboriginal communities of the Barkly region in a culturally responsive way.
About the Tennant Creek region
Year round blue skies, stunning landscapes and vibrant, diverse and warm communities - that's life in the Northern Territory! Only a short flight from most Australian cities, Tennant Creek is not just a must-see destination renowned for its individual identity and rich cultural heritage, but is a remarkable community to set up home in!
500km north of Alice Springs, Tennant Creek was once a rough and tumble droving town, but is now a modern town and one of the Territory's most populated areas. It is home to a major regional hospital, a CDU campus, schools, shops and a supermarket, accommodation, bars, clubs and restaurants, banking facilities, sporting clubs and an airport - everything you need to set up a relaxing new lifestyle! People from all walks of life find themselves calling Tennant Creek home.
About the Opportunity
Anyinginyi Health Aboriginal Corporation has an exciting opportunity for a full time Operational Health Service Manager to join their team based in Tennant Creek, on a full-time, permanent basis.
As a member of the Anyinginyi Senior Management Team and reporting to the Health Services Section Manager, this position will see you managing the staff and resources of the Anyinginyi Health Services (Health Centre, Rural and Remote and Allied Health), to ensure a high standard of care is provided in a culturally sensitive manner.
More specifically, some of your duties will include but not be limited to:
- Working with key stakeholders at the clinic, PHN and policy level to ensure the delivery of efficient and effective networked client services;
- Overseeing the recruitment, management and training of staff;
- Taking a lead role in Clinical Governance and Quality Improvement in clinical practice;
- Developing and maintaining a comprehensive Primary Health Care Framework for the provision of services to Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people; and
- Taking a lead role in the establishment, maintenance and monitoring of mixed model of specialists to improve the physical, mental health and well being of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people.
To view the full position description, please click here
To be considered for this position, you will have a bachelor's degree in a health or medical field, medical services administration or health care administration with five years management experience.
Understanding of industrial, legislative and regulatory requirements in healthcare and the complexities of providing health services within the Aboriginal health system is a must.
You will have an understanding of issues pertaining to Aboriginal primary health and general health care and respect for the past practices and current issues that impact on the health and wellbeing of Aboriginal people. Whilst not required, previous experience working in a remote area will be highly regarded.
As this is a leadership role within the Primary Health Centre, exceptional communication and interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate sensitive and complex subjects to a diverse audience is a must. You will also need to demonstrate skills in strategic analysis and planning of clinical services, including research development, education and training.
Please note: An Ochre Card (NT Working with Children) card is a requirement prior to commencement in this role. Please refer to NT Safe for further information.
About the Benefits
This is a highly varied and interesting role where you will truly make a difference in the lives of Aboriginal people and experience real job satisfaction every day - don't miss out!
In return for your hard work and dedication, you will be rewarded with attractive remuneration circa $106,180-$127,214 + super, negotiable with skills and experience. In addition, you will have access to a range of great benefits including:
- Salary packaging up to $15,899.94;
- Subsidised furnished accommodation is available for candidates coming from outside of the Barkly region;
- 6 weeks annual leave giving you plenty of time to explore the beautiful Barkly region;
- One paid ADO monthly is available;
- $1,500 annual allowance for continued professional development;
- Free general medical;
- Free general dentistry (excluding laboratory work);
- Free gym membership; and
- Free personal medical prescriptions (conditions apply).
You will be joining a friendly and professional team, where you will also receive personal and professional development opportunities.
This opportunity won't last long - if you think you have what it takes - apply now!
Please note: Please respond to the selection criteria on page 2 of the position description in a separate document and attach with your application.
Additionally, Anyiningyi takes its responsibility as a health care provider seriously and will act to mitigate the risks posed by Corvid-19. The recruitment process will be conducted remotely to mitigate the risk and the successful candidate will be carefully supported by Anyinginyi throughout their relocation.