Head of Employer Branding
In light of the current situation with COVID-19 and the widespread impact this is having on the economy and employment market, I want to reassure you that this is a genuine job opportunity and that our business is secure.
There’s no doubt that everyone is being challenged right now, but speaking for our people at Scout Talent Group, I know everyone’s buoyed by this recruitment campaign as it means our team is continuing to grow. We’re equally excited to be able to provide the right candidate with an opportunity to join us.
We’re equipped to onboard a new team member even if physical distancing protocols remain in place in coming months. Though most of our people are now working from home, we’ve been able to maintain productivity and communication, and deliver unbeatable service to our clients.
Hi! My name's Andrea, I'm the CEO at Scout Talent Group (STG).
(I know this is an unusual format for a job advertisement … keep reading to find out why I took this approach!)
First of all, here’s some info about STG:
Our Purpose (our ‘Why’) is to connect people to grow companies, careers and communities. The work we do, delivering outstanding recruitment products and services, helps our clients to grow their organisations. It's hugely satisfying.
It’s also an exciting time to be a part of the team. We’re paving the way when it comes to recruitment software and recruitment services, and we plan to IPO in 3 years.
Our Group is made up of the following brands:
- Scout Talent - our services-enabled software business, offering best of breed talent attraction, recruitment, onboarding and learning solutions to mid- and large-sized organisations
- Employment Office - our recruitment marketing organisation offering revolutionary services outside of traditional recruitment agency models, which help mid-sized organisations to attract and recruit the best talent - you might want to check out our EO careers website
- NetEngine - our custom software, web and mobile development company that works with start-ups and established organisations to bring their digital visions to life
- Recruit Shop - our 'cheap and cheerful' solution offering a simple and effective flat-fee recruitment product aimed at SMEs
- Healthy Workplaces - our charitable arm, dedicated to raising awareness about the health risks office workers face by sitting for prolonged periods of time ... our most popular global event is the in-office corporate cycle relay challenge, Tour de Office
I’m looking for high performers who align with our company values to jump on board for the ride. Employer Branding is a hugely important part of our business and the Employer Branding Leader will report directly to me.
With this in mind, I thought I’d break out of the standard job ad mould, and take the time to write an open message to anyone who’s interested in the role.
At STG we’re recruitment die-hards and we love Employer Branding. Here are three reasons why:
- Recruitment Matters: If you want a successful, growing organisation you need the best people, and that starts with nailing your recruitment. You won’t outperform your competitors if you don’t have the best people on your team. And you won’t have the best people on your team without great recruitment.
- Recruitment is Marketing: Marketing is everything you do to attract and nurture customers. Recruitment is everything you do to attract and nurture talent. Over the last decade we’ve shifted from an employer-driven market to a candidate-driven market. As a result, the most effective recruitment strategies are underpinned by best practice in marketing.
- Employer Branding is the Lead Domino: Any successful marketing strategy starts with nailing your brand. Any successful recruitment strategy starts with nailing your employer brand. In the same way a consumer brand is how organisations market to customers, an employer brand is how they market to candidates. Every organisation has its own challenges, benefits and opportunities that make them unique: we help them bring this to life in a deeply authentic way.
Here’s what the Employer Branding Leader role is all about (in 100 words):
You’ll craft and implement Employer Brands for a range of organisations. This involves working with clients to identify their employee value propositions (EVPs), developing their employer brand messaging, and supporting them to embed this messaging throughout their entire recruitment experience. You’ll have the backup of your EB team (a small team right now, which will grow under your leadership) and the STG Sales and Marketing teams.
You’ll be our “face” of Employer Branding so it’s important that you’re skilled in, and enjoy, public speaking and facilitating workshops. Our salespeople uncover great EB opportunities every week, and will introduce you as an EB Specialist to explain our approach and help win new business.
(Okay, that was 112 words, close enough!)
Here’s who the opportunity might be suited to:
If you align with our values and what you’ve read so far, and if you have a background in marketing, branding or advertising, I’m keen to hear from you. Perhaps you’ve worked in Campaign Manager or Account Manager roles for marketing agencies. Or maybe you have a recruitment or HR background, with hands-on experience with employer branding and talent acquisition in those roles.
This is an amazing opportunity for someone who thrives in a fast-paced environment where no two days are the same. One day you could be onsite with a regional client talking to their employees and directing the filming of an EB video, the next you could be presenting a new Employer Brand Strategy to a boardroom of C-Level executives. It's a role where you get to learn about lots of different businesses and help articulate what makes them a great place to work.
Here are three more reasons this is a great opportunity for the right person (I like lists of three!):
- When it comes to career development, you’ll be heading up a growing team and an expanding part of our business. Employer Branding as a whole is a fast-moving space (side note, check out how worldwide interest has grown over the last 15 years or so).
- We’re a stable organisation (20 years in the industry) but we’re also growing, innovative, and open to new ideas.
- The remuneration package is made up of a base salary and performance-based incentives (so you can share in our success). On-target earnings for the first year are $90,000-$110,000 plus super. You can expect your earnings to increase year on year in line with results and career progression.
Want more from this job ad? Check out this video...
We have existing EB projects and new EB work coming in every month (exciting!) so if you're interested, please apply below, and I’ll be in touch soon.
Thanks for your time,