Service Station Manager
- Are you an experienced retail or hospitality leader looking for something different?
- Join a well-established, family owned business with a genuine commitment to supporting their staff and their ideas!
- Attractive salary circa $75,000 plus super, full meals and accommodation!
About the Organisation
Nebo Junction BP is a fuel station/roadhouse located on a busy intersection just over an hour's drive from Mackay. Family-owned and operated, they service the mining and transport industries as well as the general public. Passionate about providing more than the typical service station fare, their high-quality meals have made their food one of their biggest attractions.
Located next-door is the Nebo Junction Accommodation Village, which is co-owned and shares a number of staff. With over 350 rooms, an onsite sports bar, swimming pool, and large dining area, they act as a workforce accommodation provider as well as an overflow camp for nearby mines, as required.
About the Opportunity
Nebo Junction BP is currently looking for a Service Station Manager to join their team in Nebo on a full-time basis, working weekdays from 4:00am to 3:30pm.
Responsible for around 6 other full or part-time staff, this is a hands-on role that will see you in charge of all aspects of the day to day running of the service station, as well as taking part in general duties such as serving customers, data entry and general cleaning requirements.
Your key responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Resolving any operational problems, such as tills, eftpos pumps or computers;
- Ensuring all cleaning and food preparation duties in the kitchen and shop are followed;
- Performing cost effective staff management, rostering duties, conduct training of new employees
- Checking fuel delivery cost, informing the owner of any variation, and updating price information with the Government agency;
- Completing general paperwork, invoices, data entry and record keeping;
- Ordering food, drinks, tobacco and other products, overseeing the stock rotation process;
- Reviewing ordering strategies and monitoring sales; and
- An understanding of all kitchen/cooking duties and health & safety obligations.
Please note: The Manager is required to be contactable by phone between 4:00am and 9:00pm on weekdays, and 5:00am to 8:30pm on weekends in case of emergencies.
To be successful in this role you will have demonstrated leadership experience in a retail or hospitality setting, with strong cash-handling skills and an understanding of the stock control process.
Strong data entry skills and experience with checking invoices and ordering stock will be essential. You will be a natural problem solver, capable of presenting solutions or ideas and possess high-level customer service skills.
As a confident leader with a 'firm but fair' management style, you will have proficient conflict resolution skills and lead by example, only asking others to do what you would be willing to do yourself. With high-level communication skills, you'll be an integral part of the team and be committed to building effective relationships with staff, suppliers, customers, and the owners.
About the Benefits
This is a rare chance to join a highly supportive and genuinely friendly team, where open communication between the owners and staff means that new ideas are always welcome, and you're encouraged to improve your skill set in a wide range of areas.
Nebo Junction BP is offering an attractive salary circa $75,000 plus super
Full meals and accommodation at Nebo Junction Accommodation Village can be provided depending on your needs, with the owners open for candidates to permanently relocate, or work on a DIDO (Drive-In-Drive-Out) basis, returning home on weekends.
Just over an hour from Mackay, this is a fantastic opportunity to escape from city life without sacrificing the convenience and amenities of a major town.
Bring your experience and leadership skills to a passionate and highly supportive business, where no two days are ever the same - Apply Now!
Nebo Junction BP is committed to ensuring the health and safety of their staff. In light of the current situation with COVID-19 and pending additional Government updates, you may be asked to complete 14 days in quarantine if you are relocating. Meals will still be safely provided during this time.