Chief Executive Officer (CEO)
- Rare opportunity to lead a connected local government Council as Chief Executive Officer
- Full-time, 3-year performance based contract
- Excellent remuneration package will be negotiated circa $128,226 - $200,192
- Package includes a cash component, rent-free housing and more
About the Opportunity
The Shire of Wiluna now has a unique opportunity for a Chief Executive Officer to lead their team in Wiluna, WA. This is a full-time role, offered on a 3-year performance based contract.
As CEO you will assume corporate responsibility for the organisation, with your primary role being to develop and lead the goals and objectives of Council, in order to foster a positive team culture and cohesive relationship with the community.
This will be achieved by:
- Implementing Council's directions as set out in integrated plans, budgets, and capital works programs;
- Overseeing and maintaining accountability for the Council's human, financial and physical resources whilst acting as the face of the organisation throughout the community;
- Fostering a strong customer service focus to ensure efficient planning and delivery of services between Council and the community
- Promoting staff training and development programs that are service delivery aligned;
- Administering the Council's legal, statutory and election processes and acting as the chief advisor on these matters;
- Being responsible to the President and Councillors on all Shire matters; and
- Maintaining overall responsibility for the day-to-day operations of the Shire.
A demonstrated leader, you will have experience in a senior management role and extensive knowledge of working within Local Government, public policy issues, and how they pertain to Council. Additional tertiary qualifications will be desirable.
Your high level strategic planning skills, knowledge of corporate management and ability to influence, delegate and lead will be an asset to the organisation and will ensure your success.
A confident communicator you will continue to build and harness relationships with neighbouring Councils, the Board and wider community.
You will also require the ability to administer relevant legislation applicable to local government, and have extensive experience in governance, compliance and financial management.
Candidates with an understanding of the outside operations of a remote or small Shire and a reasonable knowledge of road construction and maintenance will be highly regarded.
If you are driven and committed to leading a Council that facilitates sustainable community development and fosters an active, safe and vibrant community built on honesty and respect, this could be the perfect opportunity for you.
For more information about the role, please see the full job description here.
Please note: For your application to be considered, you must answer the questions below and download, sign and attach the Declaration, Authorisation and Waiver (as found on page 10 of the Information Pack). To view the Information pack please click here.
Employment will be subject to a relevant police clearance and other checks.
About the Benefits
This is a rare opportunity to lead a progressive and highly supportive local Council. If you are looking for a change of lifestyle, a new adventure, or the opportunity to take strides in your professional career, this is the role for you!
The successful candidate will be rewarded with a highly attractive remuneration package negotiable from $128,226 - $200,192 (as per SAT Decision 2020), commensurate with skills and experience, plus a generous super contribution up to 14.5%.
This package also includes a wealth of additional benefits, including:
- Regional/isolation allowance;
- Annual travel assistance;
- Subsidised utilities;
- Unrestricted use of a private vehicle throughout WA;
- Rent-FREE housing; and
- Generous leave entitlements.
If you're interested in taking on an executive leadership position and facilitate sustainable community development - Apply Now!
About Shire of Wiluna
The Shire of Wiluna is a district comprising 182,156 square kilometres of predominantly desert and pastoral country which is situated deep in the beautiful but rugged the Murchison goldfields subregion of the boom state of Western Australia. As one of the more isolated local governments in the State, the Shire faces unique challenges and opportunities.
The Shire administration is based in the township of Wiluna, which is situated on the Goldfields Highway about 833kms from Perth. There are regular public transport flights from Perth three days per week and a direct sealed road link to Kalgoorlie which is 533kms away. Wiluna sits on the edge of the Western Desert and has a population of around 200 people, predominantly of Aboriginal descent.
Although Wiluna is undeniably small and remote, it is a very liveable town offering good lifestyle opportunities and all the necessary local infrastructure, including a mobile network and high-speed ADSL internet. The town includes a general store and post office, a primary school, police station and medical centre, as well as fantastic opportunities to explore the stunning outback landscape.
Please note: Applications will close at 4pm WA time, on Friday 19th June 2020.
Candidates must read the information pack and sign the included Declaration before applying. Please click here to download the information pack.
Only online applications will be accepted.