Diesel Technicians (Ag Machinery)
Cummins, Wudinna or Crystal Brook
- Are you a qualified Mechanic or Technician wanting to advance your skills and support Australia's valuable agricultural sector?
- Join one of South Australia's largest John Deere dealerships and expand your work out into the field!
- Attractive salary & incentives circa $70,000-$100,000, plus relocation assistance, work use company vehicle and MORE!
- Growing with you -
Committed to providing precise and integrated farming solutions, Pringles Crouch offers world-class products from their major franchise, John Deere. One of the largest John Deere dealerships in South Australia, the family owned and operated organisation has an extensive history in the farming community, with branches located across the Eyre Peninsula and Mid-North.
Taking pride in their timely and comprehensive servicing of the equipment they sell, the team at Pringles Crouch have built enduring customer relationships with the farming community across the region. Embracing emerging technologies and open to innovation, they also offer region specific products from suppliers such as Coolamon Chaser Bins, Croplands, WEEDit, and Bourgault.
To learn more about the organisation and the service they offer, click here.
About the Opportunity
Due to ongoing demand and a growing sales base, Pringles Crouch now have multiple opportunities for Diesel Technicians to join their team in either their Cummins, Wudinna or Crystal Brook branches.
Reporting to the relevant branch Service Manager, the successful applicants will be responsible for performing basic diagnostics and repairs on agricultural and turf equipment and Precision Agriculture products.
Additional day-to-day duties will include, but will not be limited to:
- Maintaining current industry knowledge of John Deere equipment through supplied training and ongoing development of specialist skills (Harvesters, Self-Propelled Sprayers etc.);
- Assisting with Service Department repair work appraisals and participating in repairs;
- Reconditioning used equipment and setting-up new equipment;
- Carrying out repairs and servicing both in the workshop and in-field; and
- Supervising apprentices where required and upholding Work Health and Safety (WHS) standards.
Growing With You
To be successful in this role, applicants must have a strong desire to work in the agricultural sector with relevant mechanical qualifications and demonstrated experience ideally in large agricultural equipment, heavy vehicle diesel mechanics or heavy machinery servicing.
Pringles Crouch also strongly encourages qualified car mechanics, auto electricians or closely related tradespeople to apply, with the organisation offering the opportunity for fully funded training/education for suitable applicants to become qualified diesel mechanics.
Able to self-manage and work both independently out in-field and as part of a productive workshop team, you will have an ability to develop sustainable relationships with coworkers and customers to achieve a quality service.
As a member of a proud community orientated business that is customer service focused, you will have an ability to communicate with a diverse group of stakeholders and represent the organisation appropriately within the community.
As you will be working with current and emerging agricultural technologies, the strength of your diagnostic and technical abilities, and knowledge of mechanical, electrical and hydraulic systems, will go a long way to ensuring your success.
While previous experience in a rural environment is not required, it is expected that the successful applicants will demonstrate a knowledge of the needs of a rural farming community, and have a desire to reside within the Eyre Peninsula and Mid-North SA regions.
Please note: The successful applicants must have an unrestricted Australian Drivers Licence as the role will require travel to farms throughout the community and if required, other branches across the region.
In return for your hard work and dedication you will be rewarded with an above award wage salary circa $70,000-$100,000 (depending on skills, experience, technician incentives and extent of overtime performed), including super.
As a locally owned multi-site organisation, Pringles Crouch offers the support of an expert team with extensive industry experience, backed by the shared knowledge of a larger dealer network.
The successful applicants will join a busy and robust organisation offering various avenues for career advancement and diagnostic skills development, with opportunities to specialise in machinery/areas closely aligned with individual interests and skills.
There are also a HOST of additional benefits, including:
- Relocation assistance;
- Mobile, uniforms and tools;
- Company vehicle for work use;
- Overtime opportunities;
- Technician Incentives (additional compensation on top of base salary for services sold);
- No weekend work (during off peak season);
- Peak season (seeding and harvest) overtime and on call;
- Extensive training supplied by John Deere University;
- Opportunity to innovate and be involved in emerging technologies; and
- FULLY FUNDED training & education provided for suitably qualified tradespeople to become qualified diesel mechanics.
Ensuring excellent support for their farming customers, Pringles Crouch prides itself on being a community-connected organisation, and offers successful candidates valuable agricultural experience as a member of their tight-knit farming community - Apply Now!