Small Business Financial Counsellor (COVID-19 response)
Armidale & Taree
- Use your financial knowledge to make a real, positive difference to communities facing the effects of COVID-19.
- Northern NSW roles servicing the Armidale & Taree regions - immediate start dates available!
- Attractive remuneration circa $83,000-$91,000 plus super, negotiable with experience.
About the Organisation
Rural Financial Counselling Service NSW (Northern Region) is a not-for-profit organisation that hosts government funded programs to foster regional economic development in the north eastern region of New South Wales.
They have experienced Rural Financial Counsellors based in Armidale, Casino, Glen Innes, Gunnedah, Inverell, Macksville, Moree, Narrabri, Scone, Tamworth, Taree and Tocal, with their team of specialists servicing the regions surrounding these locations. They provide confidential, free and impartial rural financial counselling service to primary producers, fishers and small rural businesses experiencing financial difficulties.
For more information, please visit our website.
About the Opportunities
Rural Financial Counselling Service NSW is seeking to employ two Small Business Financial Counsellors for an immediate start to service small businesses in the Armidale and Taree regions as a result of the effects of COVID-19. Part-time positions may also be considered for the right applicants.
The successful applicants will reside in the Armidale or Taree regions and will service their respective area/s.
It is expected that the successful applicants will commence as soon as possible and the positions will continue through to 30 June 2021.
Some of the day to day responsibilities will be to:
- Assist SME operators' requesting financial counselling with a financial analysis consisting of annual, or year in year out cash flow budget, statement of assets and liabilities, cash flow analysis and options for business improvement;
- When appropriate, assist operators to negotiate arrangements with their financial institutions;
- Encourage operators to seek professional advice to develop longer term strategies and plans to improve preparedness;
- Refer operators to a network of professional service providers for advice with legal, accounting and financial planning and investment matters and social and welfare matters;
- Provide Progress Reports on the number of small businesses referred for assistance, activities, outputs and the outcomes they have been helped to achieve; and
- Provide mentoring to individual and client groups regarding business improvement and resilience opportunities.
Small business financial counsellors will be required to hold a Diploma of Financial Counselling or a Diploma of Financial Counselling (rural). New counsellors can commence employment without the minimum qualification, provided they have been assessed by the service provider as having a base-level of skills and experience in a related role suitable for the provision of financial counselling provided they begin the diploma within 6 months.
Preference will be given to applicants with proven qualifications and/or skills and experience in finance, business and/or law. Knowledge of rural and remote communities will also be highly desirable.
RFCS-NR are looking for applicants that posses high-level oral communication, interpersonal, mediation and networking skills, including the ability to communicate with diverse cultural groups. An understanding of the small business sector and small business management issues will also be critical to your success in this position.
Please note: Due to the broad regions that these roles service, it is expected that the successful applicants live in the Armidale or Taree council areas, and have a current, unrestricted driver's license. There is also the possibility that these applicants will be required to work from home.
About the Benefits
For your hard work and dedication, you will be rewarded with a remuneration package circa $83,000 - $91,000 + super and loadings, depending on experience and qualifications.
The successful applicants will also be provided with a company:
- Vehicle (for work use);
- Computer; and
- Mobile Phone.
In addition, you will enjoy working with an organisation dedicated to providing a positive and much needed service to the Northern NSW community.
Closing date for applications is 26 June 2020.
To download the job application package and position description, please click here.
DON'T MISS OUT! Interviews are taking place immediately so get your application in now.