Project Manager - Community Engagement & Sustainability Education
Alice Springs, NT
- Become part of a team dedicated to improving economic and social wellbeing for remote Indigenous communities!
- Pivotal leadership opportunity managing a brand new, regional community education and energy efficiency project!
- Enjoy a competitive salary circa $95,000 - $99,000 plus super, salary sacrificing, relocation assistance and more!
About MoneyMob Talkabout
MoneyMob Talkabout is a not-for-profit organisation delivering a range of financial and community support programs with and for people in remote Indigenous communities.
Their Money Hub in the APY Lands, which has operated since 2012, provides a one-stop shop for local community members to interact with the broader economy in a safe and supportive environment. Teams also visit other communities in South Australia from Pipalyatjarra to Indulkana providing services on an outreach basis.
MoneyMob Talkabout is actively committed to being an Aboriginal run and led service, as such they strongly encourage experienced and qualified Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander People to apply for this position.
About the Future Sustainability Education Project
In April 2020 MoneyMob was chosen by the South Australian Government to deliver the Future Sustainability Education project, which is aimed at providing energy education and support to Anangu Communities in Yalata, Oak Valley and the APY Lands as they transition to paying for electricity supply. This change is being introduced from 2021.
MoneyMob will be working closely with the communities, SA Government's Remote Area Energy Supply (RAES) team and other agencies to support affected communities during this transition, by delivering high quality education about energy generation and supply, charging, usage, payment options and efficiency. MoneyMob is uniquely placed to deliver this education due to their existing financial counselling and capability services, which will provide a secondary layer of support to the project, and assist people to manage payments within their budget or deal with any debt issues.
About the Opportunity
MoneyMob Talkabout is currently looking for a full-time Project Manager to lead their new Future Sustainability Education project. This role is based in Alice Springs, NT, with extensive remote travel to Yalata, Oak Valley and the APY Lands. This role is being offered on a fixed term contract to 31 December 2022, with the possibility of extension subject to funding.
Reporting to the Managing Director and working closely with the RAES Project Manager, this newly created role will see you leading all aspects of the development and delivery of the Future Sustainability Education project.
Your key responsibilities will include, but will not be limited to:
- Overseeing the development of high quality, culturally appropriate project education or support materials for schools and communities;
- Developing, maintaining and distributing project plans and documentation, including detailed gantt charts, progress reports and evaluations;
- Providing monthly budget reports, including forecasting for any over/under spend issues, and ensuring all project spend is properly recorded and reconciled;
- Managing project subcontractors and consultants, ensuring they deliver regular progress reports and are working within established parameters;
- Creating a project steering committee to assist with project implementation and guidance, developing the committee's terms of reference and workplan;
- Working with relevant external stakeholders, keeping them informed about developments and progress in line with relevant contract requirements;
- Ensuring Aboriginal community members are heard and given priority in project feedback mechanisms.
To view the full position description, please click here.
Please Note: Upon successful progression to the shortlisting stage, applicants must be willing to provide a written response to the key selection criteria in the position description and provide two referees who have acted as direct supervisors.
To be successful in this role you will be a driven and forward-thinking Project Manager with a strong background in community engagement or energy/sustainability education. You'll ideally have an understanding of the energy sector from a residential consumer perspective, or hold a tertiary qualification in this or a related area.
MoneyMob Talkabout is seeking someone with with demonstrated experience leading, motivating, and developing staff, and the ability to build strong working relationships with stakeholders from a range of government and non-government organisations.
You'll be highly empathetic and culturally competent; able to understand the needs and concerns of the communities involved with this project. You'll have the communication and interpersonal skills needed to navigate complex situations and adapt your approach to each individual. You will bring an open-minded, community-focused approach to this project, and be able to juggle the needs of multiple stakeholders and adapt to any changes or unforeseen issues that may occur.
You'll also be highly organised, with great time management skills and an ability to develop effective strategies to operate within a challenging remote environment. Not afraid of admin work, you'll be an expert at creating and presenting reports, tracking financials, and ensuring contract compliance.
Please Note: This position requires frequent travel via 4WD vehicle, spending blocks of time living away from home. To be eligible for consideration, you must hold a current manual Driver's License and be able to drive 4WD vehicles independently on remote roads. Employment will also be subject to a National Police Clearance and Working with Children check.
About the Benefits
This is an incredible opportunity to bring your leadership skills to a passionate not-for-profit organisation supporting some of the most remote communities in Australia.
You'll be managing a brand new and highly important program and working with a huge range of stakeholders, acting as a key link between the government, MoneyMob, and the communities they support.
In return for your hard work and dedication, you will receive an attractive remuneration circa $95,000 - $99,000, plus super and salary sacrificing options to increase your take-home pay.
You'll also enjoy a GREAT range of additional benefits including:
- Relocation Assistance;
- 6 weeks annual leave;
- Employee Assistance Program;
- 5 days mandated annual breaks;
- $500 annual wellbeing payment; and
- External professional supervision and support if needed.
You will be welcomed into a friendly and passionate team, with comprehensive training and support from colleagues and management. A work vehicle will be provided for any necessary travel, and accommodation will be covered for any periods away from Alice Springs.
If you're looking to make a positive community impact and take on a key leadership role within a supportive not-for-profit organisation - Apply Now!