- Are you an experienced Refrigeration Mechanic interested in expanding your skills in the refrigerated distribution industry?
- Join an Australian owned and family operated business supplying unparalleled services throughout Western Australia
- Attractive hourly rate circa $30.00 - $35.00 ($78,000 - $91,000 per annum) plus super, opportunities for overtime & more!
Sands Fridge Lines
At the forefront of Western Australia's refrigerated distribution industry, Sand Fridge Lines remains dedicated to providing their long-standing customers across the state with unparalleled levels of quality services in refrigerated road distribution, with value to match.
Australian owned and operated since 1980, the family built business offers a large fleet of vehicles with differing configurations suited to the unique requirements of their customers, offering the flexibility and safety assurances necessary to meet their needs.
With a team of highly trained, motivated and professional drivers, tyre-fitters, mechanics, management and administration professionals, Sands Fridge Lines ensures that better quality products are continually being delivered to their final destination.
About the Opportunity
Due to service demand, Sands Fridge Lines currently has an opportunity for a Refrigeration Mechanic to join their large Forrestfield facility in Perth, WA on a full-time permanent basis.
Reporting to the Maintenance Workshop Manager, this role will see you responsible for performing a range of diagnostics and repairs on a range of thermo-king systems and diesel carriers. You will also be required to service transport refrigeration units and perform a range of preventative maintenance duties on a regular basis.
You may also be tasked with the repair and servicing of truck air-conditioning / sleeper-cabin air conditioning systems, while being required to assist with a variety of day-to-day facility duties as required.
Please Note: This is a Monday-Friday role working 10 hours per day, with possible weekend work every second weekend depending on demand.
To be considered for this position, you must have the below demonstrated qualities, skills and experience:
- Trade qualifications in refrigeration mechanics or a closely related field & post-qualification working experience;
- Experience in thermo king and carrier diagnostics/repairs and preventative maintenance;
- Experience working with diesel refrigeration units on Truck PANS;
- Cabin/sleeping cabin air conditioning experience;
- Experience working with Tru-Tech and Wintrac software systems (desirable);
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with an ability to work productively in a team environment;
- Able to manage competing priorities and identify/solve issues independently;
- Able to work effectively and efficiently within tight deadlines and timeframes;
- Flexible and adaptable, able to start earlier/later and work weekends and overtime to cater for demand;
- Capable of handling the physical aspects of the role;
- Comfortable working at heights and in confined spaces (relevant tickets would be desirable); and
- In possession of a competent level of computer literacy, including an ability to send/receive emails.
About the Benefits
In return for your hard work and dedication you will receive an attractive hourly rate circa $30.00 - $35.00 (this equates to an annual salary between $78,000 - $91,000), negotiable depending on skills and experience, plus super and relocation assistance.
You will be located within a large refrigeration and distribution centre and will be surrounded by an expert team of qualified professionals, while also being able to enjoy the benefits associated with working for one of the larger private refrigerated distribution businesses in Australia, including ongoing training and development opportunities, and the support of a family-owned and iconic community brand.
Uniforms and specialised tooling will also be supplied and there will be opportunities for overtime for the right applicant to increase the overall salary package.
To join a long-standing and iconic organisation providing quality refrigerated distribution services throughout WA - Apply Now!