Health, Safety and Risk Coordinator
- Are you an experienced WHS Coordinator looking for your next opportunity?
- Join a supportive local Council and work in the New England Region of NSW - the "Birthplace of the Australian Nation"
- Salary circa $65,764.40-$73,902.40, plus super, salary sacrificing options, relocation assistance, a 9-day fortnight & more!
About Tenterfield Shire Council
- "Quality Nature, Quality Heritage and Quality Lifestyle" -
Situated in the New England Region of NSW, a region known as the "Birthplace of the Australian Nation", Tenterfield is a rural medium sized Council that enjoys the benefits of a rural lifestyle while being a stone's throw from the stunning landscapes of both the Northern NSW Coast and Brisbane hinterlands.
At the heart of everything they do, ICARE - Integrity, Community, Accountability, Respect and Excellence, are the values driving the Council forward as an employer of choice and provider of quality leadership and services within the community.
About the Opportunity
Tenterfield Shire Council currently has an integral opportunity for a Health, Safety and Risk Coordinator to join their team in Tenterfield, NSW on a full-time ongoing basis.
A highly autonomous role working across all Council departments, you will be responsible for ensuring the facilitation, development, implementation and review of Council's WHS and Risk management strategies, including the Health and Safety Management Plan.
More specifically, your day to day duties will encompass, but will not be confined to:
- Developing, implementing and reviewing risk management policies, procedures and systems to ensure best practice principles underpin risk minimisation strategies within Council operations;
- Developing, implementing and reviewing Council's Health and Safety Management Plan and safe systems of work;
- Developing, implementing and monitoring Workplace Health and Safety policies and procedures in accordance with legislative requirements;
- Identifying risks in the immediate workplace and participating in risk assessments and procedural reviews;
- Coordinating bi-monthly meetings of either tool box meetings or WHS committees; and
- Assisting in Council’s workers compensation claims, including handling initial claims.
To view the full position description, please click here.
To be considered for this position, you must have at minimum, a Certificate IV/Diploma in Workplace Health & Safety and demonstrable experience in a role directly related to Work Health and Safety, and ideally, Risk Management.
As an experienced professional, you will be confident in your ability to support and maintain regulatory compliance in collaboration with all Council business units. An influential decision-maker and confident negotiator, you will remain steadfast in your approach to WHS and risk management, acting as a guide to motivate Council staff to assume responsibility for their compliance requirements.
A strong communicator and community-oriented individual, you will be comfortable working out of the office, developing relationships with staff and Council stakeholders at all levels on a daily basis, while also undertaking community engagement activities in matters related to accidents, injuries, public liability claims and the like.
Above all, your self-drive and determination to ensure both safety and compliance are at the forefront of Council operations, as it continues to exist as an employer of choice within the community, will go a long way to ensuring your success in this multifaceted, and extremely integrated position.
Please Note: The successful candidate must have a current, unrestricted Australian driver's licence and hold, or be willing to obtain, a National Criminal History Record Check prior to commencing employment.
About the Benefits
In recognition of your hard work and dedication you will enjoy an attractive salary circa $65,764.40 - $73,902.40, dependant on your experience and qualifications, plus super and additional salary sacrificing options.
Tenterfield Shire Council offers a supportive workplace culture built around their values of "ICARE", with fantastic working conditions and a range of additional benefits to help you enjoy life in the local community, including:
- A 9 day fortnight;
- 15 days accumulative annual sick leave;
- Relocation assistance (negotiable for the right applicant);
- Strong focus on upward mobility and career progression.
This is an opportunity to advance your career with a supportive council that enjoys great staff retention and an inclusive work culture. You will be joining a passionate, multi-skilled team and receive ongoing professional development opportunities to excel your career.
Join a supportive local Council in a stunning location and take the next step in your career - Apply Now!