Corporate Communications Manager
Port Melbourne or Ballarat
- Are you a driven, highly creative communications leader, passionate about innovation?
- Join a highly respected, Australian family-owned business that's grown to be a national leader - and is still expanding!
- Attractive salary package, flexible working options & ongoing career development!
About the Organisation
With a history stretching back over 85 years, Haymes Paint is a true Australian success story; and whilst their colour palettes and can labels may have changed with the decades, their commitment to quality has remained the same. Now in their fourth generation of family ownership, they haven't slowed down on bringing new and better products to the market, always looking for new advances or opportunities for innovation. Their values of Truth, Passion, Integrity, Respect and Listening and Learning are reflected in everything they do.
From its humble beginnings in 1935, Haymes has grown from a small paint manufacturer, selling to the local Ballarat community, to Australia’s largest manufacturer of premium brand paints, finishes, and protective coatings. Their products aren't available in the big, corporate hardware stores, choosing instead to sell through independent retailers, where they can trust that the quality of personal service and advice matches the quality of their products - after all, it's their name and reputation on the can.
About the Opportunity
With the continuing growth of the business, Haymes Paint now has a newly created opportunity for a Corporate Communications Manager to join their team on a full-time basis. This role is preferably based in Melbourne, though there is potential to work from their Head Office in Ballarat.
Reporting to the Head of Marketing, you will be responsible for engaging with a variety of internal and external stakeholders, collaborating with leaders across the business to build on the unique Haymes' culture of innovation and transparency; and enable consistent, effective, and scalable communications as the business continues to grow.
Your key responsibilities will include:
- Leading the development and delivery of a strategic corporate communications plan and framework;
- Ensuring communications are delivered in line with corporate image, internal branding, and engagement aspirations;
- Building and maintaining strong working relationships with both external and internal stakeholders, at all levels;
- Monitoring, evaluating, and reporting on communications and media activity, reporting against agreed benchmarks and KPIs;
- Identifying opportunities to improve or innovate, ensuring this plays a fundamental role in shaping all communications strategies;
- Overseeing the redesign and maintenance of the Haymes intranet, developing content that is consistently on-brand; and
- Preparing publications, releases, and media materials, liaising with corporate, trade and consumer media outlets.
Haymes is looking for a strategic, creative thinker with a strong background in a generalist communications role. A qualification in Communications, Journalism, Business or a related field would be highly regarded, though not essential provided you can demonstrate significant experience in both internal and external communications at a senior level, with management experience preferred.
Your advanced writing and editing skills will be crucial, with a high level of attention to detail and the ability to both create and review content for a range of channels. Able to adjust your approach and tailor communications to each target audience, you'll have a proven ability to translate vision and strategy into engaging and effective communications activities.
An effective and influential negotiator, you will be confident building relationships with a diverse range of individuals, at every level and across a range of functions, from the sales team to the manufacturing department and wider marketing team. You will be highly organised and able to navigate competing tasks and priorities, managing multiple projects at once.
A genuine team player with a real sense of fun, your ability to identify areas for improvement and genuine passion for innovation will ensure you thrive as part of Haymes' creative and collaborative workplace culture.
About the Benefits
Proudly family-owned and operated, Haymes offers the best of both worlds, with the strong commercial oversight and business skills to suite a national leader, without losing sight of what made that success possible - their staff.
Committed to ensuring each member of their team has the opportunity to grow with the business, it shouldn't be surprising that Haymes has fantastic staff retention, as they genuinely invest in each individual and encourage new ideas. A newly created role, you'll be well-supported but given the autonomy to truly make this role your own, driving innovation across a range of areas!
The successful candidate will be rewarded with an attractive remuneration package, negotiable based on your skills and experience.
This is an exciting opportunity to develop and deliver innovative communications strategies with a highly supportive, people-focused Aussie business - Apply Now!