Corporate Services Section Manager
Tennant Creek, NT
- Integral senior management opportunity within an Aboriginal community-controlled primary health care service in remote NT
- Attractive remuneration circa $134,920 - $151,715 + super, negotiable with skills and experience
- Amazing further benefits including 6 weeks annual leave, salary sacrificing, free gym membership, free general dentistry, and an annual professional development allowance!
About the Organisation
Anyinginyi Health Aboriginal Corporation (AHAC) is a multi-disciplinary organisation which provides primary health care services to the Aboriginal people of Tennant Creek and the surrounding Barkly region.
Anyinginyi consists of five different sections (Health Centre, Corporate Services, Public Health Unit, Sports and Recreation, and Piliyintinji-Ki Stronger Families) which allow them to have a holistic approach to health ensuring that clients' physical and emotional health and wellbeing is given the utmost priority.
Anyinginyi's vision is Aboriginal people in the Barkly region enjoy equity in health status with that of other Australian citizens. Anyinginyi's purpose is to be a provider of high quality holistic primary health care services focusing on the Aboriginal communities of the Barkly region in a culturally responsive way.
About the Opportunity
Anyinginyi Health Aboriginal Corporation has an exciting opportunity for a full-time Corporate Services Section Manager to join their team based in Tennant Creek, on a full-time, permanent basis.
In partnership with the Executive Management Team and reporting to the General Manager, this position will see you responsible for driving systems improvement, performance and strategy across key performance domains including Finance, ICT, Fleet, Facilities, Infrastructure, WHS, Risk and Business Development.
To view the full list of domains, please see the organisational chart here.
Some of your key duties will include, but will not be limited to:
- Providing scheduled reports to the Executive Management Team, project working groups, Audit & Risk Management Committee and the Board;
- Working closely with the Executive Management Team to achieve sustainable outcomes for the Strategic Plan, as well as on projects and ongoing operations;
- Mentoring, supervising and effectively resourcing reports, ensuring structure, roles and functions reflect organisational priorities;
- Further developing the financial management framework, policies and procedures;
- Overseeing and providing an ongoing review of the implementation of the Risk Management Framework; and
- Complying with program guidelines, work plans, budget, data and reporting requirements while working within relevant parameters and scope of practice.
To view the full position description, please click here.
To be considered for this position, you will have tertiary qualifications in Business or a related discipline and extensive Senior Management experience in Corporate Management, Business or Finance. Postgraduate qualifications will be highly regarded as will previous experience working in the not for profit sector.
As a multifaceted organisation in the Aboriginal and remote health sphere, the role itself is nontraditional. To succeed, you will need to have a high level of adaptability and an understanding of the uniqueness imbued in working within a culturally appropriate manner, an important priority over and above traditional corporate processes.
In line with this, you must also demonstrate a commitment to working respectfully and inclusively with Aboriginal, Torres Strait Islander, and culturally/linguistically diverse people. Whilst not essential, previous experience working in a remote/regional area will be highly regarded.
As an experienced senior manager, you will have exceptional analytical, planning, financial management and systems implementation skills and a proven record leading projects and meeting deliverables within set deadlines. An influential leader, your exceptional communication skills and the ability to engage and develop an effective team will be key to your success.
As this is an integral senior leadership role within Corporate Services, you must have demonstrated experience in Risk Management, Compliance and/or Quality Improvement. You will also need to demonstrate extensive experience in change management, business development and strategic planning.
Please note: A current First Aid Certificate (or willingness to obtain one), Northern Territory Driver's License, and Ochre Card (NT Working with Children) card are a requirement prior to commencement in this role. Please refer to NT Safe for further information on the Ochre Card.
About the Benefits
This is a multifaceted and strategic role where you will truly make a difference to the continued success of the organisation and experience real job satisfaction every day - don't miss out!
In return for your hard work and dedication, you will be rewarded with an attractive remuneration circa $131,629 - $148,014 + super, negotiable with skills and experience. In addition, you will have access to a range of great benefits including:
- Salary packaging up to $15,899.94;
- Subsidised furnished accommodation is available for candidates coming from outside of the Barkly region;
- 6 weeks annual leave giving you plenty of time to explore the beautiful Barkly region;
- Remote Retention Allowance after 12 months of continual service;
- $1,500 annual allowance for continued professional development;
- Free general medical;
- Free general dentistry (excluding laboratory work);
- Free gym membership; and
- Free personal medical prescriptions (conditions apply).
You will be joining a friendly and professional team, where you will also receive personal and professional development opportunities.
About the Tennant Creek region
Year-round blue skies, stunning landscapes and vibrant, diverse and warm communities - that's life in the Northern Territory! Only a short flight from most Australian cities, Tennant Creek is not just a must-see destination renowned for its individual identity and rich cultural heritage, but is a remarkable community to set up home in!
500km north of Alice Springs, Tennant Creek was once a rough and tumble droving town, but is now a modern town and one of the Territory's most populated areas. It is home to a major regional hospital, a CDU campus, schools, shops and a supermarket, accommodation, bars, clubs and restaurants, banking facilities, sporting clubs and an airport - everything you need to set up a relaxing new lifestyle! People from all walks of life find themselves calling Tennant Creek home.
*Additionally, Anyiningyi takes its responsibility as a health care provider seriously and will act to mitigate the risks posed by COVID-19. The recruitment process will be conducted remotely to mitigate the risk and the successful candidate will be carefully supported by Anyinginyi throughout their relocation.