Head of Curriculum
- Do you want to make a direct impact on disenfranchised young people's educational journey?
- Incredibly rewarding opportunity to bring your teaching and leadership experience to a supportive, multidisciplinary workplace!
About EREA Flexi Schools
Edmund Rice Education Australia Flexi Schools (EREA Flexi Schools) are a network of flexible learning centres that offer young people an opportunity to reconnect with education in a setting that is inclusive and flexible. With a focus on literacy, numeracy and project-based learning, all programming and learning activities are developed based on young people’s individual Education Plans which are differentiated based on learning levels and what best supports them to re-engage.
Northern Flexi School is a Catholic School in the Edmund Rice tradition and part of the EREA Central West Flexi Schools Network. It has a clear commitment to social justice and stands in solidarity with disenfranchised young people of all social, cultural and religious backgrounds, with a particular sensitivity to Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander young people. The school provides holistic learning experiences that address the complex needs of students and promotes their emotional, cognitive, spiritual, physical and academic development.
About the Opportunity
EREA Flexi Schools now has an exciting and rewarding opportunity for a full-time Head of Curriculum to lead teaching and learning at the Northern Flexi School based at Elizabeth/Davoren Park, approximately half an hour north of the Adelaide CBD.
Reporting to the Head of Campus/Network Principal, this pivotal leadership role will see you responsible for enhancing, developing and maintaining the education, wellbeing and social inclusion responses for young people enrolled at Northern Flexi School. You will play a key role in innovative curriculum development, learning outcomes and administrative processes, as well as providing leadership to staff.
More specifically, some of your key duties will include:
- Providing support and leadership to the development of educational programs for young people;
- Developing and coordinating appropriate educational measurement and reporting procedures;
- Participating in, and leading, program provision to enhance the EREA Flexi practice in an inclusive learning environment;
- Developing and implementing educational assessments which support the development of Individual Educational Plans;
- Participating in and leading Professional Development and support processes for performance reviews;
- Ensuring child safety procedures are established and implemented according to policy, in consultation with the Head of Campus and Network Principal;
- Providing administrative leadership to the site; and
- Performing other identified duties specific to the role in a Flexible Learning Centre.
For more information, please click here to view the full Job Description.
To be considered for this position you must be a qualified teacher eligible to register in South Australia, possess extensive experience in a diverse educational environment and have a minimum of 5 years’ experience in middle management or a leadership role (or the experience and drive to step up into a leadership position).
The ideal candidate will be highly independent and organised, using their creative solutions focus and collaborative leadership style to effectively bring staff together to deliver the best outcomes for both staff and students alike.
You will have an experience and understanding of working with disenfranchised young people, with exceptional interpersonal and intercultural communication and negotiation skills that enable you to engage and invest in the community to build trusting relationships.
Please note: Prior to commencement, you must obtain Working with Children Clearance. Some transporting duties may be required to support program activities for young people, and as such a current unrestricted Australian Driver's Licence is essential, along with Light Rigid classification, or willingness to obtain this.
About the Benefits
This is a fantastic opportunity to be involved in a multidisciplinary and supportive workplace while reaping the incredible rewards that arise from the challenges faced day to day. You will see the direct impact you've made on young people's educational and life journey during your time with EREA Flexi and will enjoy a long-lasting and extremely gratifying career.
In return for your hard work and dedication, you will be rewarded with an attractive remuneration package, based on your experience level (South Australian Catholic Schools enterprise Agreement 2017).
In addition, EREA Flexi provides ongoing professional development opportunities.
Bring your leadership skills to this rewarding role reuniting young people with educational opportunities - Apply Now!
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples are very strongly encouraged to apply!