Christie Downs, Adelaide
- Do you want to directly make an impact on disenfranchised young people's educational journey?
- An opportunity is now available for Teachers working within a multidisciplinary and supportive workplace!
- Enjoy an attractive remuneration circa $73,000–$105,000 plus super, commensurate with your experience
- Enjoy a strongly supportive culture with ongoing professional development opportunities!
About EREA Flexi
Edmund Rice Education Australia Flexi Schools (EREA Flexi Schools) are a network of flexible learning centres that offer young people an opportunity to reconnect with education in a setting that is inclusive and flexible. With a focus on literacy, numeracy and project-based learning, all programming and learning activities are developed based on young people’s Individual Education Plans which are differentiated based on learning levels and what best supports them to re-engage.
FAME Flexible Learning Centre began operating as a mobile outreach program in the mid-1990s. It gained registration as a specialist assistance school in 2015 when it became part of EREA Flexi Schools. FAME offers a variety of educational pathways for disenfranchised young people included SACE, VET Certificate Courses, and Australian Curriculum outcomes through project-based learning. Engagement activities including outdoor education, sport, art and music are among the offerings.
About the Opportunity
EREA Central West Flexi Schools Network now has an exciting and rewarding opportunity for a Teacher to join the team at FAME Flexible Learning Centre based at Christie Downs, approximately half an hour south of the Adelaide CBD. This opportunity is a full-time, fixed-term, 12-month contract, with the possibility of extension.
Reporting to the Head of Campus/Network Principal, you will primarily be responsible for developing and maintaining learning and social inclusion responses of the campus including:
- Planning, preparation and delivery of engaging learning and teaching programs for young people in both middle and senior phases of secondary education;
- Contributing to the development and implementation of the FLC’s objectives and planning; and
- Contributing to the establishment and maintenance of a supportive school environment.
This is a richly rewarding position that comes with great challenges - candidates with significant experience in the practicalities and realities of working with disengaged or disenfranchised young people to improve their lives are strongly encouraged to apply.
For more information, please view the full Job Description here.
For further enquiries, contact Yvonne Schultz on 0478 315 776
Please Note: Edmund Rice Education Australia is committed to ensuring the safety, wellbeing and dignity of all children and young people. All applicants will be subject to EREA and legislative screening procedures. These checks are consistent with EREA’s commitment to child protection policies and procedures.
To be considered for this position you must hold:
- relevant tertiary qualifications in Teaching and be eligible for registration with the South Australian Teacher Registration Board;
- be eligible for a Working with Children Clearance (DCSI) and clearance through Catholic Archdiocese (SAVA); and
- experience in either primary or secondary education will be essential with 5 years minimum.
You will have a demonstrated skills and knowledge in the teaching process, frameworks and practice, as well as the ability to analyse complex situation and implement appropriate strategies to enhance the professional practice of teaching and non-teaching staff.
Due to the nature of the role, it's important you have had demonstrated success in building relationships with disenfranchised young people and their families.
Although not essential, any specialist areas such as adventure-based learning, STEM teaching and/or special education would be looked upon favourably.
About the Benefits
In return for your hard work and dedication, you will be rewarded with an attractive remuneration circa $73,000–$105,000 (commensurate with experience) plus super.
In addition, EREA Central West Flexible Schools Network also provides ongoing professional development opportunities.
Please note: Applications close Sunday 25th October 2020. Please attach your curriculum vitae with your application, outlining relevant work history, including contact details of at least two relevant referees.
Bring your creativity and passion for reuniting young people with educational opportunities to this rewarding career path - Apply Now!