- Do you want to directly make an impact on young people's educational journey?
- Bring your teaching experience to this rewarding opportunity working with a multidisciplinary and supportive workplace.
- Enjoy an attractive remuneration circa $73,000 - $106,000 (dependent on your skills, qualifications and experience) plus super!
- Excellent support and ongoing professional development opportunities!
About EREA Flexi
Edmund Rice Education Australia Flexi Schools (EREA Flexi Schools) are a network of flexible learning centres that offer young people an opportunity to reconnect with education in a setting that is inclusive and flexible. With a focus on literacy, numeracy and project-based learning, all programming and learning activities are developed based on young people’s Individual Education Plans which are differentiated based on learning levels and what best supports them to re-engage.
Geraldton Flexible Learning Centre (GFLC) is a coeducational Catholic CARE school in the Edmund Rice tradition and part of the EREA Central West Flexi Schools Network. It has a clear commitment to social justice and stands in solidarity with young people of all social, cultural and religious backgrounds, with a particular sensitivity to Aboriginal and Torres Strait Island culture. The school provides holistic learning experiences that address the complex needs of students and promotes their emotional, cognitive, spiritual, physical and educational development.
About the Opportunity
EREA Central West Flexi Schools Network now has an exciting and rewarding opportunity for a full-time Teacher – Male Mobile Education Program to join the Geraldton Flexible Learning Centre.
The male mobile education program provides young people with the opportunity to build their educational, self-regulation, and social skills to enable them to transition into one of GFLC's onsite classes.
This position will see you working with a group of secondary aged boys with complex needs. Experience in outdoor adventure-based learning would be an advantage to this position, delivering literacy and numeracy through project-based learning in community and outdoor spaces. Being creative in your delivery of education is a must for this position.
Reporting to the Head of Campus/Network Principal, you will primarily be responsible for developing and maintaining learning and social inclusion responses of the campus, including:
- Planning, preparation and delivery of engaging learning and teaching programs for young people in both middle and senior phases of secondary education;
- Contributing to the development and implementation of the FLC’s objectives and planning; and
- Contributing to the establishment and maintenance of a supportive school environment.
To view the full Job Description for Teachers at GFLC, please click here.
For further enquiries, contact Heather Brett - GFLC Principal on 0419 300 372.
Please Note: Edmund Rice Education Australia is committed to ensuring the safety, wellbeing and dignity of all children and young people. All applicants will be subject to EREA and legislative screening procedures. These checks are consistent with EREA’s commitment to child protection policies and procedures.
To be considered for these positions you must have:
- relevant tertiary qualifications in Teaching and be eligible for registration with the Teacher Registration Board of Western Australia;
- have at least 3 years’ experience in a diverse Primary or Secondary educational environment; and
- be eligible for a Working with Children Clearance.
You will have a demonstrated skills and knowledge in teaching process, frameworks and practice, as well as the ability to analyse complex situation and implement appropriate strategies to enhance the professional practice of teaching and non-teaching staff.
Due to the nature of the role, it's important you have had demonstrated success in building relationships with disenfranchised young people and their families.
Although not essential, any specialist areas such as adventure-based learning, STEM teaching and/or special education would be looked upon favourably.
About the Benefits
In return for your hard work and dedication, you will be rewarded with an attractive remuneration circa $73,000 - $106,000 plus super, based on your experience and qualification level (in line with the Roman Catholic Archbishop of Perth Teachers Enterprise Bargaining Agreement 2015; Salary Schedule July 2020).
In addition, EREA Central West Flexi Schools Network also provides ongoing professional development opportunities.
Please Note: Applications close Sunday 25th October 2020. Please attach your curriculum vitae with your application, outlining relevant work history, including contact details of at least two relevant referees.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply. EREA GFLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Bring your creativity and passion for reuniting young people with educational opportunities to this rewarding career path - Apply Now!