Assets & Property Supervisor
- Oversee the skilled Maintenance Team of a dedicated community health organisation!
- Attractive remuneration circa $74,611 - $100,740 plus super, salary sacrificing & relocation assistance!
- Amazing range of benefits including free gym membership, free general dentistry, subsidised accommodation, 6 weeks annual leave & more!
About the Organisation
Anyinginyi Health Aboriginal Corporation is a multi-disciplinary organisation which provides primary health care services to the Aboriginal people of Tennant Creek and the surrounding Barkly region.
Covering a wide array of services such as clinical care, social and emotional well being, health promotions, sports and active lifestyle, and administrative services, they have a holistic approach to health, ensuring that clients' physical and emotional health and wellbeing is given the utmost priority.
About the Opportunity
Anyinginyi is currently looking for a personable Assets and Property Supervisor to join their team in Tennant Creek, NT on a full-time basis.
Reporting to the Corporate Services Section Manager, you will be responsible for coordinating the day-to-day maintenance of all Anyinginyi's properties, leading a team of 5 maintenance workers and a larger pool of casual, full-time and part-time cleaning staff. These properties are a mix of both business and residential, located within Tennant Creek and surrounding remote communities.
More specifically, some of your key responsibilities will include:
- Coordinating a schedule of regular preventative maintenance, maintaining the grounds in a neat and tidy fashion;
- Responding to incoming maintenance requests, coordinating attendance by the Maintenance Team and ensuring that work is successfully completed;
- Completing regular and exit inspections on Anyinginyi housing, following up on any outstanding issues;
- Maintaining the Asset/Property Register, providing regular updates to the Finance Team;
- Overseeing the purchase and distribution of stores, supplies and other items as required; and
- Attending to occasional after-hours duties as required, to greet or exit employees at Anyinginyi properties or in case of emergency events.
The successful candidate will be a genuine 'people-person' with a demonstrated background in a maintenance, housing or tenancy related role.
You'll be an expert at building relationships with people from all walks of life, able to juggle the needs of multiple stakeholders and effectively resolve any issues or complaints. An understanding of traditional Aboriginal culture and the issues affecting contemporary Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander communities will be crucial.
Prior management experience would be highly regarded but is not essential, provided you can demonstrate strong problem solving skills and are confident acting as a hands-on leader, ensuring jobs are done correctly and on time.
Finally, you will also be comfortable using and learning a range of computer software, including the Microsoft Office Suite, with experience in any asset management software highly regarded.
Please note: Prior to commencement you will need to undergo a National Police Clearance and obtain a current Ochre Card. A current Driver's License and willingness to drive to remote communities is also essential for this role.
About the Benefits
Anyinginyi is an organisation dedicated to 'Closing the Gap' in Aboriginal health within remote Australia, and you'll be making a genuine different to their clients, staff and the communities they support.
In return for your hard work and dedication, you will be rewarded with an attractive remuneration circa $74,611 - $100,740 plus super (negotiable with skills and experience).
Anyinginyi also offers a GREAT range of additional benefits to further increase your take home pay and help you get settled into town, including:
- 6 weeks annual leave with 17.5% leave loading;
- Salary sacrificing up to $15,899.94 p.a;
- Subsidised furnished Rental accommodation is available for candidates who are relocating;
- Relocation assistance (up to $5,000);
- Free general dentistry (excluding laboratory work);
- Free gym membership; and
- Free medical prescriptions.
People who identify as Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander are encouraged to apply.
About Tennant Creek
Tennant Creek is located between Katherine and Alice Springs along the Stuart Highway in the Barkly Region. With a population of around 3,500 people, it is the fifth largest town in the Northern Territory and the Barkly region covers an area larger than Victoria or New Zealand.
Year round blue skies, stunning landscapes and vibrant, diverse and warm communities - that's life in the Northern Territory! Only a short flight from most Australian cities, Tennant Creek is not just a must-see destination renowned for its individual identity and rich cultural heritage, but is a remarkable community to set up home in! Once known as a rough and tumble droving town, it now offers all the amenities you would need to set up a relaxing new lifestyle, including a major regional hospital, a university, schools, shops and a supermarket, accommodation, bars, clubs and restaurants, banking facilities, sporting clubs and an airport.
If you're a skilled communicator and natural problem solver, looking for your next adventure, look no further - Apply Now!