Human Resource Officer
- Are you an experienced HR professional with a passion for Employee Relations?
- Join an organisation committed to supporting remote Aboriginal communities.
- Attractive remuneration circa $67,596 - $74,267 plus super, salary sacrificing & relocation assistance!
- Amazing range of benefits including free gym membership, free general dentistry, subsidised accommodation, 6 weeks annual leave & more!
About the Organisation
Anyinginyi Health Aboriginal Corporation is a multi-disciplinary organisation which provides primary health care services to the Aboriginal people of Tennant Creek and the surrounding Barkly region.
Covering a wide array of services such as clinical care, social and emotional well being, health promotions, sports and active lifestyle, and administrative services, they have a holistic approach to health, ensuring that clients' physical and emotional health and wellbeing is given the utmost priority.
About the Opportunity
Anyinginyi are now seeking a Human Resource Officer to join their team in Tennant Creek, NT on a full-time basis.
Reporting to the Human Resources Manager, you will be primarily responsible for providing employee support and advice on general human resources and employee relations.
More specifically, your key responsibilities will include, but will not be limited to:
- Maintaining employee records and overseeing Human Resource compliance;
- Participating in change management initiatives, disciplinary hearings and dismissal processes;
- Conducting training sessions, exit interviews and employee orientations;
- Preparing reports, submissions and position papers on policy issues and other projects directed by the Human Resources Manager; and
- Managing employee complaints in conjunction with the Human Resources Manager.
To be considered for this role, you must have significant Human Resources experience, ideally within employee or industrial relations, though this is not essential provided you are confident in your knowledge of this area and your ability to grasp related concepts.
You'll be an exceptional communicator with outstanding interpersonal skills and have the ability to handle conflict and maintain a high level of confidentiality.
You will need to possess strong organisational and time management skills that allow you to work efficiently across multiple competing priorities. Your problem solving abilities and high attention to detail will also be essential to your success in this role.
You should have an intermediate level of computer literacy and be proficient in Microsoft Office applications, particularly Excel.
Importantly, you must be respectful of traditional Aboriginal culture, embrace cultural diversity and be comfortable communicating sensitively with Aboriginal and culturally diverse groups.
Experience living or working in a remote environment would be great advantage but is not essential, provided you are aware of the various challenges that are associated with such an environment.
Please note: You will need to undergo a National Police Clearance and obtain a valid Ochre Card prior to commencement. A current Australian driver's licence is also essential.
About the Benefits
Anyinginyi is an organisation dedicated to 'Closing the Gap' in Aboriginal health within remote Australia, and you'll be making a genuine different to their clients, staff and the communities they support.
In return for your hard work and dedication, the successful candidate will be rewarded with an attractive remuneration circa $67,596 - $74,267 plus super, negotiable depending on skills and experience.
You'll be joining a genuinely encouraging and inclusive group with high morale, who look out for each other and provide a strong support system for all team members.
Anyinginyi also offers an outstanding range of additional benefits to further increase your take home pay and help you get settled into town, including:
- 6 weeks annual leave;
- Salary sacrificing up to $15,899.94 p/a;
- Subsidised accommodation for candidates who are relocating from outside of the Barkly region;
- Relocation assistance up to $5,000;
- Remote retention allowance of $750;
- Professional development allowance of $1,300;
- Free general dentistry (excluding laboratory work);
- Free gym membership; and
- Free medical prescriptions.
About Tennant Creek
Tennant Creek is located between Katherine and Alice Springs along the Stuart Highway in the Barkly Region. With a population of around 3,500 people, it is the fifth largest town in the Northern Territory and the Barkly region covers an area larger than Victoria or New Zealand.
Year round blue skies, stunning landscapes and vibrant, diverse and warm communities - that's life in the Northern Territory! Only a short flight from most Australian cities, Tennant Creek is not just a must-see destination renowned for its individual identity and rich cultural heritage, but is a remarkable community to set up home in! Once known as a rough and tumble droving town, it now offers all the amenities you would need to set up a relaxing new lifestyle, including a major regional hospital, a university, schools, shops and a supermarket, accommodation, bars, clubs and restaurants, banking facilities, sporting clubs and an airport.
If you want to join an organisation making a real difference to remote Aboriginal communities - Apply Now!
People who identify as Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander are strongly encouraged to apply.