- Northern Flexi School is seeking to appoint an innovative and experienced Teacher for years 7 - 12
- Enjoy an attractive remuneration circa $73,000 – $103,000 (in line with experience) plus super!
About EREA Flexi
Edmund Rice Education Australia Flexi Schools (EREA Flexi Schools) are a network of flexible learning centres that offer young people an opportunity to reconnect with education in a setting that is inclusive and flexible. With a focus on literacy and numeracy, all programming and learning activities are developed based on young people’s Educational Adjustment Plans which are differentiated based on learning levels and what they require to re-engage.
Edmund Rice Flexi School is a Catholic School in the Edmund Rice tradition and part of the EREA Oscar Romero Flexi Schools Network. It has a clear commitment to social justice and stands in solidarity with disenfranchised young people of all social, cultural and religious backgrounds, with a particular sensitivity to Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander culture. The school provides holistic learning experiences that address the complex needs of students and promotes their emotional, cognitive, spiritual and academic development.
About the Opportunity
The School now has an exciting and rewarding opportunity for a full-time SACE – experienced teacher, with a focus on Literacy as well as PLP and Research Project to join our team. An ability and willingness to teach middle school Maths is also preferred.
Reporting to the Head of Campus and the Network Principal, this role will see you responsible for implementing learning programs that cater to the needs of secondary-aged students who have disengaged from mainstream education, encouraging our young people to achieve educational and wellbeing outcomes and make a positive contribution to their community.
You will be responsible for developing and maintaining learning and social inclusion responses of the campus, including:
- Planning, preparation and delivery of engaging learning and teaching programs for young people in both middle and senior secondary education including project-based learning, PLPs and SACE programs with a focus on Literacy;
- Contributing to the development and implementation of Flexi Learning objectives and planning; and
- Contributing and supporting the common ground principles our supportive school site embodies.
To view the full job description, please click here.
To be considered for this position you must hold relevant tertiary qualifications in Teaching and be eligible for registration with the South Australian Teacher Registration Board. Experienced educators with at least 5 years’ experience preferred.
Specialist knowledge and skills in teaching young people who require innovative, inclusive and flexible learning strategies and SACE knowledge would be looked upon favourably.
Please note: This role requires regular travel around Elizabeth, including transporting students, and as such, a Current Unrestricted Australian Driver's Licence is essential, with Light Rigid highly regarded.
This position involves working with children. All applicants will be subject to EREA and legislative screening procedures. These checks are consistent with EREA’s commitment to child protection policies and procedures. EREA is committed to ensuring the safety, wellbeing and dignity of all children and young people. As such, please include in your cover letter, a declaration that you are a suitable person for Child Related employment.
About the Benefits
This is a fantastic opportunity to be involved in a multidisciplinary and supportive workplace while reaping the incredible rewards that arise from the challenges faced day to day.
You will receive an attractive remuneration circa $73,000 - $103,000, based on your experience level (in line with the South Australian Catholic Schools Enterprise Agreement 2017) plus super.
In addition, EREA Central West Flexi School Network also provides ongoing professional development opportunities.
To apply for this role, please provide the following documents:
- A cover letter outlining your experience.
- A Child Safe Declaration form that confirms you are a suitable person for Child-related employment. Click here to download the form.
- A curriculum vitae outlining relevant work history, including contact details of at least two referees, relevant to the position.
For further information, after 11 January 2021, please contact Dani Stratford on 0428 688 438
Applications close Wednesday, 20 January 2021.
Commencement – Term 1 2021, by negotiation.