Associate Head of Campus - Head of Curriculum
About EREA Flexi Schools
Edmund Rice Education Australia Flexi Schools (EREA Flexi Schools) are a network of flexible learning centres that offer young people an opportunity to reconnect with education in a setting that is inclusive and flexible. With a focus on literacy and numeracy, all programming and learning activities are developed based on young people’s Educational Adjustment Plans which are differentiated based on learning levels and what they require to re-engage.
Geraldton Flexible Learning Centre is a Catholic School in the Edmund Rice tradition and part of the EREA Oscar Romero Flexi Schools Network. It has a clear commitment to social justice and stands in solidarity with disenfranchised young people of all social, cultural and religious backgrounds, with a particular sensitivity to Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander culture. The school provides holistic learning experiences that address the complex needs of students and promotes their emotional, cognitive, spiritual and academic development.
About the Opportunity
The School now has an exciting and rewarding opportunity for a full-time Associate Head of Campus – Head of Curriculum to join the team at Geraldton Flexible Learning Centre, which is approximately 4 hours north of Perth.
Reporting to the Head of Campus and the Network Principal, this pivotal leadership role will see you responsible for enhancing, developing and maintaining the education, wellbeing and social inclusion responses for young people enrolled at the school. You will play a key role in the development of innovative curriculum responses to achieve positive learning and wellbeing outcomes. You will be responsible for administrative processes relating to educational performance, as well as providing leadership to all staff.
More specifically, some of your key duties will include:
- Providing support and leadership to the development of educational programs for young people;
- Developing and coordinating appropriate educational measurement and reporting procedures;
- Participating in, and leading, program provision to enhance our Youth+ practice in an inclusive learning environment;
- Carrying out work in a manner that enhances team participation/multidisciplinary practice;
- Leading Professional Development and support processes for performance reviews;
- Ensuring child safety procedures are established and implemented according to policy in consultation with the Head of Campus and Network Principal;
- Providing administrative leadership to site; and
- Performing other identified duties specific to the role in a Flexible Learning Centre.
For the full position description, please click here.
To be considered for this position you must hold relevant tertiary qualifications in Teaching and be:
- Eligible for registration with the Western Australia Teacher Registration Board.
- An experienced educator with extensive experience in a diverse educational environment.
- Experienced in middle management or a leadership role.
The ideal candidate will be highly independent and organised, using their creative solutions focus and collaborative leadership style to effectively bring staff together to deliver the best outcomes for both staff and students alike.
You will have an experience and understanding of working with disenfranchised young people, with exceptional interpersonal and intercultural communication and negotiation skills that enable you to engage and invest in the community to build trusting relationships.
Please note: Prior to commencement, you must obtain a Working with Children Clearance. Some transporting duties may be required to support program activities for young people, and as such, a Current Unrestricted Australian Driver's Licence is essential, with Light Rigid classification, or willingness to obtain one.
This position involves working with children. All applicants will be subject to EREA and legislative screening procedures. These checks are consistent with EREA’s commitment to child protection policies and procedures. EREA is committed to ensuring the safety, wellbeing and dignity of all children and young people.
About the Benefits
This is a fantastic opportunity to be involved in a multidisciplinary and supportive workplace while reaping the incredible rewards that arise from the challenges faced day to day. You will see the direct impact you've made on young people's educational and life journey during your time with EREA Flexi and will enjoy a long-lasting and extremely gratifying career.
In return for your hard work and dedication, you will be rewarded with an attractive remuneration package, based on your experience level. In addition, EREA Flexi provides ongoing professional development opportunities.
Bring your leadership skills to this rewarding role reuniting young people with educational opportunities - Apply Now!
For further information, after 11 January 2021, please contact Gerard Keating on 0417 721 890
Applications close Friday, 12 February 2021.
Commencement – Term 2 2021, or earlier by negotiation.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders are encouraged to apply.
To apply for this role, please respond to the questions below and provide the following documents:
- A declaration that you are a suitable person for Child Related employment. (click here to download this document)
- A curriculum vitae outlining relevant work history, including contract details of at least two referees relevant to the position.