Sydney Eastern Suburbs
- Are you an experienced Foreman with strong attention to detail and a genuine commitment to quality?
- Work with industry-leading architects, engineers and designers to help build some of the finest, premium-quality homes in Sydney!
- Highly attractive salary starting from $130,000, negotiable based on your skills and experience!
About the Opportunities
Due to an exciting calendar of upcoming projects, Cumberland Building is now looking for several experienced Site Foremen to join their team on a full time basis. Based out of their Rushcutters Bay office, you'll spend most of your time on project sites in and around the eastern suburbs of Sydney.
Working closely with an onsite Project Manager, you will have ultimate responsibility for the end-to-end construction activities of your site, managing all trades to ensure that all work is high quality, and that any potential issues are identified and accounted for ahead of time, where possible. You'll be working on custom, architecturally designed, and particularly detailed builds, with a typical new home project worth around $2.5million.
Some of your day-to-day responsibilities will include:
- Managing and coordinating all on-site staff, both trades and subcontractors, to ensure project delivery targets are met;
- Liaising with the Project Manager, architects, engineers and other relevant stakeholders regarding site plans and material requirements;
- Taking ownership of all construction activities, overseeing and regularly checking on the quality of work to identify minor imperfections before they become major issues;
- Ensuring Work Health and Safety procedures are adhered to on site at all times; and
- Interpreting highly detailed plans, drawings, and specifications, looking ahead to identify any faults or gaps in information, and bringing these to the attention of the project manager.
Cumberland is looking for a highly experienced, trade-qualified Foreman with a minimum Cert IV in Building, or a Builder's License. Experience with similarly detailed, architecturally designed projects, smart homes, and premium quality finishes is essential, though candidates who are less experienced but proactive, technically minded and genuinely keen to learn may be considered.
With strong technical skills and well-honed attention to detail, it's crucial that you're able to interpret project plans and effectively visualise the end result, understanding both the higher level view of what the building will look like, as well as the finer details and tiny measurements of each plan or drawing, able to identify missing measurements or conflicting details ahead of time, to minimise any delays or issues.
As a proven leader, you will be confident managing a wide range of individuals and personalities, adapting your approach as needed to get the best results from your team. Hands-on and pro-active, you'll be involved at every step of the construction process, taking ownership over any work that's being done - if walls are out of plumb or adherence to codes and standards are not being met, it's your responsibility to flag it before the contractor has completed the task.
Finally, you'll need to be articulate and well-presented, with the strong problem skills to resolve buildability issues well in advance, and the ability to work successfully with a range of stakeholders.
Please note: You will need a current Australian Drivers License, a reliable vehicle and a standard set of basic tools.
About the Benefits
This is a rare opportunity to join an award-winning team that delivers excellent results, that consistently surpass clients' expectations. With building sites generally based around Sydney's Eastern Suburbs, you won't have far to travel, and you'll enjoy fantastic variety across different projects and sites, with no two days or two builds ever the same.
On offer for the successful candidate is a competitive base salary starting from $130,000, negotiable based on your skills and experience.
Cumberland Building understands the importance of retaining good people, and ensures on-going training and career progression opportunities are available, if you're keen to grow as part of their team.
Interested in overseeing a range of bespoke projects, leading highly experienced, highly skilled teams and working with premium, luxury materials? Apply Now!