Senior Structural Engineer
Gladstone or Mackay
- Are you an experienced Civil/Structural Engineer wanting to advance your career?
- Represent an award-winning engineering consultancy with offices around Australia!
- Attractive salary circa $110,000 - $150,000 (negotiable on skills and experience), plus generous super over 9.5%!
About the Organisation
RKF Engineering Services is an award-winning specialist engineering consultancy business with offices around Australia, working across the mining, marine, transport and heavy industries.
In operation for over 30 years, RKF has long been recognised amongst its peers as a leader in structural engineering, remediation and design, concrete technology and cathodic protection. Working with some of Australia's leading companies, RKF continues to be sought after by local and international clients abroad for the technical expertise, specialist knowledge and superior value they bring to each and every project.
To learn more about RKF ES's projects and services visit their website here.
About the Opportunity
Due to ongoing demand, RKF now has two full-time opportunities for Senior Structural Engineers based in Gladstone or Mackay.
As part of the RKF Team, you will be fully supported in this role as you deliver unique, technical engineering solutions to their clients in the region. In constant contact with the team on site, in the Brisbane/Wollongong office as well as leaders across all areas, you'll be working alongside experienced engineers working on the same projects.
While the roles are site based, when not on site you will have the opportunity to work from home.
On a day-to-day basis your duties will include (but will not be limited to):
- Undertaking site condition audits, inspections and physical tests of steel and concrete structures in varying conditions;
- Preparing and analysing detailed reports on structural investigations and condition audits, including relevant repair strategies;
- Managing the engagement and performance of external contractors and suppliers;
- Expanding RKF’s presence through effective stakeholder management;
- Managing ongoing critical projects with a key focus on safety and quality;
- Undertaking structural design including computer-based analysis of mining/marine/transport infrastructure; and
- Working with clients to help manage the maintenance and operation of their assets and infrastructure, including site assistance during shutdowns and outages.
Please Note: As a response to COVID-19 imposed health and safety policies and guidelines, applicants will be required to undergo a medical screening and health assessment prior to commencing employment.
To be considered for the position you will need to hold relevant tertiary qualifications, and hold or be working towards Chartered Professional Engineer status. Time and financial assistance can be offered to a candidate currently working towards this.
It’s crucial that you have a strong background in major construction projects, ideally in a mining or ports related sector, with experience in structural design and analysis, site management, and concrete or steel inspections. You will also need an understanding of construction support, asset integrity or reliability engineering.
Any experience using structural analysis software packages such as SpaceGass and Strand7 would be highly regarded, though no essential provided you are comfortable conducting site investigations, condition assessments, and writing technical reports. Experience with yard machine tracks would be an advantage.
Working autonomously, with support from other offices, you’ll need strong attention to detail and excellent communication skills, and will demonstrate a real sense of pride in the work you deliver.
Please note: Only candidates currently residing in Australia with permanent working rights will be considered for this position.
About the Benefits
You will be joining an agile and collaborative team working across multiple geographical locations in Australia with a focus on excellence in project delivery and client satisfaction.
In return for your hard work and dedication, you will be rewarded with a highly attractive salary of $110,000 - $150,000 (negotiable based on experience and qualifications) plus generous superannuation above 9.5%.
You will also have access to a fantastic career advancement and networking opportunities, and will be provided with a laptop.
Interested in joining a people-focused organisation that’s committed to the continual professional development and support of their staff? - APPLY NOW!