Program Manager – Disability Employment Services
- This is an outstanding opportunity for a talented Manager to own this role and grow the Mackay site of this dynamic organisation!
- Fantastic leadership role in a diverse Operations team!
- Competitive salary circa $60k plus salary pkging + mobile phone + 5 wks leave!
About the Organisation
STEPS is a vibrant not-for-profit community organisation focused on a wide variety of employment, community, youth, training and social enterprise programs. STEPS seeks to foster greater inclusiveness in Australian communities.
STEPS vision is to be a leading national provider of services that strengthens communities by recognising the value of people. As individuals reach for their potential, STEPS’ vision is to support; to inspire breakthrough for individuals and communities.
Through its growing range of social enterprise programs, government-funded training and community programs and a broadening geographical base, STEPS is a strong influence for social inclusion in communities throughout Australia.
About Life in Mackay
Mackay is a city on the eastern coast of Queensland, Australia, about 970 kilometres north of Brisbane, on the Pioneer River. Mackay is nicknamed the sugar capital of Australia because its region produces more than a third of Australia's cane sugar.
The Mackay region is an inviting blend of secluded beaches, elusive wildlife and rural communities. At the heart of the region is Mackay city, a vibrant city with lovely Art Deco buildings and streets lined with palm trees. The surrounding areas are perfect for holidaying far from crowds; whether it's relaxing at secluded beaches, exploring an ancient rainforest, snorkelling the reef or strolling through a laid-back city centre with a welcoming vibe, you'll love the tropical ambience of the Mackay region.
About the Opportunities
If you are a skilled and motivated Employment Service Manager (or someone ready for the next step in their career) who thrives in challenging and new environments, STEPS has an exciting opportunity for you to further develop and lead their Mackay team!
Reporting to the Area Manager North Qld, you’ll be growing the site through business initiatives as well as coordinating and managing an enthusiastic team of 5 people that provides integrated services including employment programs. The site provides Disability Employment Service as well as government funded projects.
It is imperative that the Site Manager fosters a productive, client-centred, community-based and financially aware working environment.
Some of your specific duties will include:
- Delivering all services and programs within site budget and according to established targets and plans;
- Coordinating the activities of the team, to ensure a consistently high standard of customer service is provided;
- Coordinating site logistics, operations and procedures to deliver and achieve Contract performance and quality objectives;
- Delivering outstanding ongoing customer support through a range of relationship building activities;
- Meeting and maintaining targets and standards required for Contract and Regulatory compliance of all Programs;
- the preparation of documents such as reports and tenders as required
- Ensuring adequate human, financial and physical resources are in place to meet the business objectives; and
- Developing, maintaining and reviewing individual performance plans and applying sound HR practices in order to motivate and drive staff to meet service expectations.
If you have strong experience working within the Disability Employment Services sector - this is the opportunity for you!
Ideally, you’ll have experience in managing, implementing and meeting the requirements of government contracts. Experience working with disadvantaged jobseekers is also essential, as is any experience within the Job Network.
Importantly, you will have strong leadership skills and experience, with any management experience within a relevant community/employment industry highly desirable.
You will possess an understanding of contemporary issues in the provision of services to disadvantaged people and the community. You'll also have demonstrated experience in the supervision and coordination of people and resources, monitoring of costs, and implementation of effective administrative support in a service environment.
About the Benefits
This is an extremely rewarding and satisfying role that will allow you to develop your management skills, provide you with professional development opportunities and expand your career opportunities. You will join a friendly team and a dynamic organisational culture, and never be bored!
You will be encouraged to maintain a healthy work/life balance, and provided with 5 weeks annual leave per annum.
In return for your hard work and dedication, you will be significantly rewarded with a generous salary circa $60,000 and benefits including:
- Salary packaging options;
- 5 weeks annual leave;
- Subsidised private health insurance;
- Organisational Super Fund that includes income protection and life insurance; and
- Employee Assistance Program.
If you are a talented manager who is driven by client satisfaction, this is an outstanding opportunity to join a leading service provider - APPLY NOW!