Coordinator - Extended Aged Care At Home Dementia
- Join the Senior Management team of a highly respected organisation
- Lead a valuable healthcare program, providing support to community members who would otherwise be admitted into a nursing home
- Competitive salary package + salary sacrificing + vehicle for full private use + mobile phone + RDO per month
- Excellent team environment
About the Organisation
St Carthage's Community Care is dedicated to providing services to older people, people with disabilities and their carers on the Far North Coast.
Operating for over 20 years, St Carthage's has been managing a range of community services that aim to be responsive to both individual and community needs while also being effective in making positive changes to any gaps within these needs.
Currently managing seven services, this organisation aspires to become a highly-regarded, client-focused, professionally delivered service that enriches, empowers and maximises the potential of all people.
Lismore is a sub-tropical city in New South Wales and the major regional centre in the Northern Rivers region of the state. Situated in the Rainbow region, just a short drive from Byron Bay and a run of charming coastal towns, Lismore contains almost a third of New South Wales' forest reserves and has some of the most beautiful scenery in the state.
Boasting all the conveniences of a large city centre while still maintaining the lifestyle of a close-knit community, Lismore has grown in population until it now houses 44,000 people. It provides the majority of the region's major services including shopping and sporting facilities, hospitals and schools.
About the Opportunity
St Carthage's Community Care has an opportunity for an experienced Manager from the Aged Care sector to lead the dedicated Lismore team as the Extended Aged Care At Home Dementia (EACHD) Coordinator.
As a part of the Senior Management team, you will coordinate and manage the EACHD Program, which ensures elderly people with dementia within the community receive appropriate and quality services, allowing them to continue living in their own homes. You will follow the social model of health in order to provide services, advocate rights and ensure dignity for the Program's users.
Your substantial experience in the health and community care system will ensure that you are able to provide excellent advice to clients and staff on how to best navigate the aged care system, including hospitals, Medicare, GPs and allied health. You'll be joining a team of aged and disability care professionals who are genuinely interested in what they do, and committed to delivering outstanding services to community members who would otherwise be admitted into a nursing home.
More specifically, some of your key duties and responsibilities will be to:
- Ensuring client intake, care planning, coordination, reviews, referrals and care provision is delivered to meet relevant policies, procedures, standards and guidelines;
- Developing innovative approaches to providing services to older persons with a particular focus on person centred best practice model;
- Maintaining accurate records including care plans, file notes, files, and financial documentation;
- Providing input into development of organisational strategic and business plans;
- Assisting in preparation of funding submissions and making recommendations on the future directions of the organisation;
- Providing regular structured supervision (including staff workplans), coaching and debriefing support; and
- Undertaking research to identify client needs/issues and develop recommendations in relation to appropriate strategies.
This role will suit a people-focused Manager with significant experience within the Aged Care sector, including a background in Case Management for people with complex care needs. You will hold relevant tertiary qualifications (ideally allied health, social science, or case management), and be familiar with the relevant standards and legislation involved in similar programs.
St Carthage's Community Care is looking for a proven leader with outstanding people skills. You'll be required to communicate frequently with various levels of stakeholders, including clients, staff and a range of external healthcare professionals, as well as the client's family, friends and neighbours. Given various stakeholders may at times demonstrate different wishes, you must be a skilled negotiator, problem solver and conflict manager. You will have a demonstrated background in professional supervision, time management and building and motivating successful teams.
You will preferably have an existing network of external service providers within the Lismore area, but applicants with extensive knowledge of the Aged Care system and a willingness to quickly network with key contacts are encouraged to apply.
Coming into the team, you'll receive comprehensive orientation, including time spent with each of the Senior Management team. From there you'll be strongly encouraged to develop your career further with ongoing professional training opportunities, including study leave available.
This is a fantastic opportunity to enjoy stable hours in the spectacular NSW North Coast region. Working Monday - Friday with occasional on-call requirements, you'll be welcomed into a friendly and social group of people, who get along both in and out of office hours.
You will receive an attractive remuneration package, with salary sacrifice options available. Additionally you'll enjoy benefits such as a vehicle for full private use, a mobile phone and a Rostered Day Off each month.
Finish each working day knowing you have improved the lives of others and truly made a difference within the community!