Youth & Family Workers - Reconnect Central West Program
- Join a well established Not For Profit organisation really making a difference!
- Attractive remuneration circa $50,695 - $54,516 (pro rata) + super + penalty rates!
- Excellent social culture and benefits inc. Study Leave, cumulative paid Maternity Leave, early access to Long Service Leave and your birthday off, with pay!
- Full Time or Part Time hours - it's your choice!
About the Organisation
Operating for over 50 years, CatholicCare Canberra & Goulburn is a non-government Not For Profit organisation that aims to provide an equitable society where the rights, dignity and worth of all individuals are recognised and promoted.
They work to empower individuals, couples and families through high quality and accessible services along with promoting healthy inclusive communities through relationships, partnerships and collaboration.
The Archdiocese of Canberra and Goulburn stretches from the far south cost of NSW and includes the ACT in its entirety. Within this region CatholicCare delivers services and advocacy for those less advantages and assists people to participate in the community.
In the future, CatholicCare hopes to improve their community links and partnerships as well as expanding their service delivery to targeted NSW communities. This will include refining and documenting their strategic planning process.
About the Opportunity
CatholicCare Canberra & Goulburn has varied and exciting opportunities for a number of Youth & Family Workers to join their team, based in Young.
Working as part of the Reconnect Program, your primary goal will be in providing counselling and family conferencing to young people at risk of homelessness and their families. Your hours can be negotiated as Full Time or Part Time, depending on your preference.
More specifically, your duties will include:
- Identifying and making contact with young people and engaging them and families in the program;
- Facilitating parent and youth programs which are educative, supportive and therapeutic;
- Working in collaboration with other services to develop links with appropriate health, counselling, education and employment services;
- Contributing to the Capacity Building component of the program, including the development for new initiatives for involving young people in the community;
- Participate in and contributing to reporting, program evaluation and development; and
- Implementing strategies in working with young people and families that focus on early intervention.
To succeed in this role you'll be a caring and flexible team player with experience in working with young people at risk of homelessness and their families, preferably with agencies within the welfare / youth sector. You'll hold tertiary qualifications in a relevant field, such as Social Work, Psychology, Youth Work or Welfare, with significant experience with counselling and group work in the field. Ideally you'll have an understanding of the issues facing young people and families living in rural and remote areas.
You'll be a patient and enthusiastic individual who understands the importance of good time management and is able to effectively handle high pressure situations. You'll be skilled in adapting to working in different situations, and will be an effective worker both independently and in a team environment. It's essential you are confident using computers as part of your everyday tasks.
All applicants must hold a current driver's licence and be willing to undertake a Police Character Check and a Working With Children Check before commencement.
With the choice of Full Time or Part Time hours, you'll be able to achieve your perfect work/life balance, and your career will benefit as well, as CatholicCare provides opportunities for ongoing study.
In return for your hard work and dedication, you will enjoy attractive remuneration as per the CatholicCare Collective Agreement circa $50,695 - $54,516 (pro rata), plus super and penalty rates where appropriate.
You'll also be rewarded with a fantastic range of benefits including early access to Long Service Leave (able to be taken after 5 years EFT), cumulative paid maternity leave and paid birthday leave!
Join this family-orientated and fun environment with an active social club and an open door management policy.
Make a real difference in the lives of young people at risk of homelessness in the Young area!