Structural Engineer (Residential)
- Join a residential Engineering leader - with clients who build over two thirds of WA's homes!
- Competitive salary + opportunities for unlimited career growth!
- Enjoy working on a number of exciting and challenging projects!
- Great role for an experienced, customer-focused Engineer ready to step into a leadership role!
About the Organisation
When Structerre Consulting Engineers was founded in 1980, the goal was to provide affordable and efficient specialist engineering, with an emphasis on safety. Over 30 years and counting, the business has maintained this vision and delivered sustainable, practical and cost-effective solutions to each client and project.
Structerre’s Residential Division provides design and documentation for all manner of residential buildings and additions. The Residential Division provides services to most of the large project builders in Perth, as well as exclusive builders, architects, designers, owner builders and home owners. In fact, over two thirds of WA’s homes are built by Structerre clients!
About the Opportunity
Structerre Consulting Engineers has a unique and exciting opportunity for an experienced Structural Engineer to join their team in Balcatta, Perth.
Within this role, you will produce accurate, efficient, practical and innovative designs for WA's growing residential market. Focusing on a range of more challenging projects, you will be a senior figure in the team, providing specialised engineering knowledge, mentoring and assistance in the managing of the Department.
More specifically, your duties will include:
- Providing complex designs for the 1-3 storey residential market in accordance with Australian Standards and Structerre’s design philosophy;
- Interpreting architectural drawings for design consideration, and extract relevant information;
- Liaising with clients on all aspects of their design requirements, including face-to-face, phone, and email, and on site;
- Contributing to innovative solutions for designs;
- Supervising and providing guidance and training to graduate and other less experienced engineers;
- Providing leadership within the section with respect to operational matters and, in particular, OH&S;
- Assisting with developing client relationships through ongoing contact and resolution of client issues; and
- Preparing relevant data and reports in relation to the operations of the section.
Structerre is seeking a highly skilled leader with a degree in Civil / Structural Engineering and a strong background in practical design. Whether you're an experienced Manager, or are ready to step up into a more senior position, you'll have an extensive history working in a diverse field of engineering projects including residential (1-3 storey), and a demonstrated understanding of the relevant codes and libraries, CAD and engineering software packages.
You'll have experience in budgeting, scheduling and report writing, as well as a commitment to maintaining a high standard of OH&S. You will need excellent oral and written communication skills, and a proven work history that demonstrates problem solving, leadership abilities and a real customer focus. The successful candidate will be a genuine team player with an excellent professional reputation within the local market, as well as the ability to manage multiple assignments in a fast paced environment. As you will be dealing with a wide range of contacts, including the public, you must demonstrate a high level of interpersonal skills and a customer focus.
This is a career-defining opportunity for the right experienced candidate. On top of your initial induction, you'll enjoy ongoing professional training, to contribute to your career growth, professional advancement and leadership opportunities.
You'll find the Balcatta office in modern facilities, just 15 minutes from the city and 10 minutes from the beach, with free onsite parking to make your short commute even easier.
Structerre relies on their exceptional and highly skilled employees to make them a leader in their industry, and this is recognised with a great range of employee benefits.
You'll enjoy your time at work amongst a social culture, with a monthly social event to get to know the team even better. Structerre is a lifestyle-focused employer - meaning that you'll work your 40 hours Monday - Friday, then enjoy your evenings and weekends with your family and friends!
The business is offering a competitive remuneration package, negotiable based on qualifications/experience.
If you have a passion for providing exceptional engineering services and are ready for a challenge, then this is your chance to join a friendly and diverse team!
Please note: Applicants must have the current rights to live and work in Australia.