Training Service Coordinator
Elcho Island, East Arnhem Land, NT
- Do you have experience in delivering a CDEP program?
- Are you a proven leader with the ability to work in a cross cultural environment?
- Pivotal role coordinating, monitoring and supporting participation in Training programs for Job Services Australia and Community Development Employment Projects (CDEP)
- Excellent package with attractive starting salary (to be negotiated), PLUS six weeks' annual leave, leave loading, relocation allowance; subsidised accommodation and more!
About the Opportunity
Marthakal Homeland Resource Centre has a unique opportunity for a Training Service Coordinator to join their team in the community of Galiwin’ku on Elcho Island, NT.
This is a challenging and exciting role which involves liaising with a range of community, government and industry stakeholders to plan and deliver training and work experience programs.
You will work closely with senior management, JSA and CDEP staff and local stakeholders, so will need to work well as part of a team. As we work in a constantly changing industry, you will need to be flexible and adaptable in your attitude and be able to manage change well.
The ideal candidate will have proven leadership and organisational skills, be innovative their approach to delivering programs to indigenous participants. As such, you will need to have a patient personality, with the ability to deal with and respect other cultures.
In addition, you will require strong project problem solving skills, experience writing reports and managing budgets and training schedules.
Due to the remote location, a current manual NT driver's licence is also required, as is the ability to obtain an Ochre card and a Federal Police clearance.
We are located at the southern end of the Wessel Islands group in the East Arnhem Region. Galiwin'ku is the largest Indigenous community in northeast Arnhem Land, and is home to a number of tribal groups, with up to 22 different dialects being used in the community. The township is a tranquil town providing great weather and fishing, as well as daily flights to and from Darwin.
About the Benefits
This is an outstanding opportunity for an applicant seeking a new adventure in a remote location. If accompanied by your spouse, the company will assist in looking for a suitable opportunity for them - this is a great incentive for couples and families to apply!
You will enjoy an attractive base salary, negotiated with experience and qualifications, plus superannuation and a fantastic range of further benefits, including:
- Six weeks' annual leave;
- Subsidised housing;
- Relocation allowance (negotiated);
- Leave loading and remote location tax benefits;
- A further $3000 allocated for holiday payments (after successful completion of a probationary period); and
- Job performance review bonus or FOIL (Fly Out of Isolation leave) every 6 months reimbursed up to $1700.
Based at the township of Elcho Island, your accommodation provided including TV, and an allowance towards electricity.
Please note no alcohol is permitted on the island.
- Previous experience in a similar role where you have had to lead a team
- Knowledge of and/or experience in Employment Services, the VET sector, adult education and/or workplace based training
- Exceptionally high level of verbal and written communication and ability to communicate effectively with a wide range of people.
- Strong business acumen
- Strong problem solving ability
- Previous experience in an RTO or not-for-profit organisation
- Proven experience in maintaining effective administrative and records management relevant to training activity
- Knowledge of issues relating to Indigenous Australians and how to respond effectively in a culturally sensitive manner
- Current manual drivers’ licence, ability to travel on unsealed remote roads and ability to travel in small aircraft
- Certificate IV in Training and Assessment or equivalent.
- Experience working under JSA and/or CDEP contracts