Machine Shop Supervisor
- Join a growing team of experienced professionals at the worlds largest specialised trackwork designer, developer and manufacturer!
- Escape the rat race and enjoy the tropical ambience of the Mackay region!
- Attractive salary package of $90,000 On Target Earnings, commensurate with skills and experience (including above industry standard super, overtime allowances, productivity incentive bonuses and time in lieu) + relocation expenses negotiable!
- Advance your career working with state of the art machinery in a safe and clean environment - full induction training + ongoing professional training!
About the Organisation
VAE is the worlds largest specialised trackwork designer, developer and manufacturer, and is the Australian subsidiary of the Voestapline Group with its headquarters in Austria. As a part of this world wide group, they provide financially competitive, technically appropriate packaged solutions for all rail types.
VAE Railway Systems Pty Ltd, formerly the family owned Mackay Foundry formed in 1955, has been a wholly owned part of the world-wide VAE GmbH group since May 1990.
Their customer base is spread across the whole of Australia, from State railway systems and private railroads to mining companies, sugar mills, contractors, construction companies and consultants. Their product range and capabilities service the needs of Australia’s dedicated heavy haul railways, its mixed freight and passenger lines, rural and urban, as well as specific requirements of the New Zealand and certain South-east Asian Markets.
VAE Railway Systems Pty Ltd provide a wide range of trackwork, primarily aimed at their customers’ desire for higher axle loads, higher speeds and reduced life cycle costs.
Mackay is a city on the eastern coast of Queensland, Australia, about 970 kilometres north of Brisbane, on the Pioneer River. Mackay is nicknamed the sugar capital of Australia because its region produces more than a third of Australia's cane sugar.
The Mackay region is an inviting blend of secluded beaches, elusive wildlife and rural communities. At the heart of the region is Mackay city, a vibrant city with lovely Art Deco buildings and streets lined with palm trees. The surrounding areas are perfect for holidaying far from crowds; whether it's relaxing at secluded beaches, exploring an ancient rainforest, snorkelling the reef or strolling through a laid-back city centre with a welcoming vibe, you'll love the tropical ambience of the Mackay region.
About the Opportunity
VAE Railway Systems Pty Ltd currently have an exciting opportunity for an experienced Machine Shop Supervisor to join their dynamic team in Mackay, QLD on a full time basis.
Reporting to the Production Manager and supervising a team of about 15 staff, you will be responsible for managing the Workshop Machining function to achieve set goals and actively contributing to the overall management of the company's workshop operations.
This role also involves contributing and participating in continuous improvement programs and contributing to the company's OH&S programs, with particular emphasis on the Workshop Machining function.
More specifically, your duties may include (but are not limited to):
- Planning, organising, monitoring and controlling the activities of the company’s workshop Machining Function;
- Assisting the detailed scheduling of workloads for the workshop with particular emphasis on the Machining Function;
- Properly organising, leading, controlling, and advising the Leading Hands in the Machining Function;
- Ensuring that the staffing of the Machining Function is adequate and properly managed;
- Liaising with the CNC Programmer about program requirements they may have;
- Ensuring that a proper maintenance and cleaning regime for the tools and equipment in the Machining Function is implemented and carried out;
- Extensive, pro-active liaison and co-operation with the Workshop Assembly Supervisor and the Workshop Fabrication Supervisor with regard to production issues in general; and
- Pro-active liaison with the Engineering Department and Logistics Department with regard to matters such as production methods, standards, specifications, interpretation of drawings, routing times and the like.
To be considered you'll need to be a trade qualified Fitter & Machinist with proven supervisory experience in planning, organising, monitoring and controlling the activities of a workshop's Machining Function and assisting the detailed scheduling of workloads for a workshop. CNC milling experience will also be highly regarded.
You'll be a strong, intuitive leader with great trouble shooting skills and the ability to use independent judgement to make decisions. You'll have exceptional communication skills and will also be committed to training, continuity planning and proactive liaison.
About the Benefits
VAE Railway Systems Pty Ltd offers an attractive salary package of $90,000 OTE (dependent on experience and qualifications), along with access to continued training and career development opportunities.
You’ll love joining this friendly and dynamic team where ideas are valued and a supportive working environment is encouraged.
What's more, your package will include above industry standard super, overtime allowances, productivity incentive bonuses, time in lieu plus relocation expenses negotiable!
Don't miss this opportunity to advance your career with a highly respected industry leader, Apply Now!