Support Manager & Storage Consultant
Camperdown, Chatswood and Artarmon, NSW
- Are you a driven Sales or Retail professional?
- Two full time roles available with one of Australia's leading storage solutions provider!
- Generous salary circa $40,000 - $47,000 (dependent on role) plus Super and incentives!
- Great career opportunities and ongoing professional training!
About the Organisation
With over 120 locations throughout Australia and New Zealand, Storage King has grown to be the largest self storage organisation in Australasia. Storage King's primary objective is to maintain its position as the number one self storage brand in Australasia.
If you want to work for a company that encourages creativity, innovation, and a fun working environment, it's time to join the Storage King team.
Recognised as a market leader in the self storage industry in Australia, New Zealand and the United Kingdom, Storage King believes in growing its business through its people. To continue in leading the market they are looking for team members who display achievement, ambition, customer focus, motivation, sales drive, team work, and a desire to make the working environment memorable and fun.
About the Opportunity
Australia's leading storage provider, Storage King, continues to grow, with exciting opportunities for a full time Support Manger covering Camperdown, Chatswood and Artarmon and a full time Storage Consultant covering Chatswood and Artarmon.
Reporting to the Area Manager, the Support Manager role will see you working as second in charge in managing the day to day operations of the self storage facility. This is being offered on a Tuesday to Saturday roster.
Reporting to the Store Manager, the Storage Consultant role will see you working in a support role, assisting in carrying out day to day operations of the self storage facility.
Both roles have a broad support focus, and responsibility is focused towards providing customer sales, service, administrative support, facility maintenance and a “hands on” approach to working within a small team and covering a diverse range of tasks.
More specifically, your duties will include (but not be limited to):
- Actively engaging customers and driving the conversion of enquiries into sales;
- Actively promoting the sale of services, packaging materials, merchandise and all add on sales;
- Maintaining accurate ‘Call Demand Data’ logs for business analysis;
- Assisting in taking customer telephone enquiries and face-to-face enquiries (particularly on weekends);
- Ensuring customer enquiries are captured and followed up with appropriate and timely action;
- Maintaining customer records, ensuring that all details and charges are recorded accurately and reconciled; and
- Reporting safety incidents and hazards, and maintaining the cleanliness and presentation of the store.
On top of the duties of the Storage Consultant, Support Manager will also have responsibility for:
- Reviewing rates on a regular basis, looking for opportunities to maximise store income;
- Maintaining regular contact with all customers regarding their account status;
- Developing and maintaining the store marketing database and identifying and addressing local marketing opportunities; and
- Store administration and occupational health and safety duties as required.
The ideal Storage Consultant will have at least one to two years experience in a retail, sales or customer service role.
The ideal Support Manager will have at least one to two years experience in a retail, management or hospitality role. A current driver's licence and own transport are also essential.
In both roles, you will bring a positive, 'can do' approach with the ability to work both autonomously and in a team environment, and will model behaviour that demonstrates you are always willing to take the 'extra step' to ensure customer satisfaction.
These positions require applicants who possesses proficiency in the Microsoft Office Suite, great numeracy skills, initiative and the ability and desire to meet (and exceed) targets and KPI's. You will also have highly developed time management and prioritisation skills, great written and verbal communication skills, and a knowledge of basic OHS principles.
About the Benefits
You will be joining a business renowned for providing excellent training for staff, both during induction and also ongoing training programs held throughout the year.
In the Support Manager role, you'll also be supported by the organisation through participation in Management and Assistant Management Activity Days, and team building events. This is the perfect opportunity for someone looking for career advancement and growth!
For your dedication, you will receive an attractive salary circa $40,000 - $47,000, dependent on role, + super and incentives!
Both roles are conveniently located close to all amenities, and you'll also enjoy on site parking, a social work environment and a healthy work/life balance!
If you are driven to achieve results, and would like to work in a friendly, dynamic and customer-focused environment, Apply Now!