Board Members (Administration) - Expressions of Interest
North Coast, NSW
- Strengthen and integrate NSW North Coast's primary health care system!
- Prestigious and highly influential roles available for a number of Board Members, each with different areas of expertise!
About the Organisation and Medicare Local
North Coast NSW Medicare Local (NCNSWML) is one of 62 Medical Locals nationwide funded by the Federal Government and established as part of the Commonwealth National Health Reform Agenda.
The North Coast NSW Medicare Local covers an area from Tweed Heads in the North to Port Macquarie in the South.
Medicare Locals will focus on care provided outside the hospital – primary healthcare. Their role is to make it easier for community members to navigate their way through the health care system and access the care they need when they need it. For more information please visit www.ncml.org.au.
About the Opportunity
The North Coast NSW Medicare Local is seeking to appoint a nine member Governing Board to commence in August 2012.
The Medicare Local Board is responsible for the strategic direction of the NCNSWML and its effective governance structures.
NCNSWML is inviting applications from those interested in becoming a member of a NCNSWML Board. Members will have a commitment to Primary Health Care, support the objectives of the North Coast NSW Medicare Local and are expected to actively contribute to the effective governance of the NCNSWML.
To be considered you will need the following attributes:
- A commitment to understanding and fulfilling the duties and responsibilities of a director, and maintaining knowledge in this regard through professional development;
- A commitment to putting the North Coast Medicare Local’s interests before any personal interests;
- A commitment to being transparent, declaring any activities or conduct that might be a potential conflict and maintaining board confidentiality;
- Effective listening and communication skills, including the ability to develop and deliver cogent arguments and communicate with a broad range of stakeholders;
- The ability to work as part of a team, and demonstrate the passion and time to make a genuine and active contribution to the board and the North Coast Medicare Local;
- A visible commitment to the purpose for which the North Coast NSW Medicare Local has been established and operates, and its on-going success; and
- The ability to critically analyse complex and detailed information, readily distil key issues, and develop innovative approaches and solutions to problems.
Please note: Successful applicants will be appointed for a term of up to two years. Four directors will be appointed for one year to allow for a process of staggered renewal.
Board Members may need to travel within the North Coast NSW Medicare Local Region and undertake some intrastate and possibly interstate travel. The Current Board has had face to face meetings in Sydney.
All travel expenses are met by the North Coast NSW Medicare Local and Directors are paid a stipend in line with Board Director Remuneration Policy.
Applications will close at 5:00pm on Friday 6th July