Engineer - Powerline Design
Warradale, Adelaide, SA
- Great opportunity to be involved in developing electrical designs for unique projects!
- Challenging role with a great future and good earning prospects!
- Attractive salary circa $95,000 - $115,000, based on experience and qualifications, super + overtime + laptop!
- Work from a convenient location just 12km from Adelaide's CBD!
- Enjoy a great work/life balance, working 38 hours per week!
About the Organisation
When Distribution Power Design (DPD) was first established in September 1998, the team consisted of just a few design and CAD drafting members. Since then the DPD team has grown to almost 20 strong, but perhaps the biggest achievement in this is that they have developed and maintained a strong reputation for high quality work and a rapid turnaround time.
DPD provide client focused, high quality services in the area of electrical reticulation design. With an area of expertise as specialised as the overhead and underground power line design for ETSA Utilities distribution systems, DPD can often also add more value to a customer’s project by being able to incorporate this expertise into other facets such as road and street lighting, and electrical system design beyond the ETSA service point. Also, as a wholly South Australian owned and operated company, DPD has an exceptional local knowledge of both urban and rural South Australia.
About the Opportunity
Distribution Power Design has an excellent opportunity for a dedicated Engineer - Powerline Design to join their dynamic team, based at Warradale in Adelaide. This is a full time role, working approximately 38 hours per week.
In this senior role (Grade 3-4 engineer), you will be responsible for assisting the Managing Directors in providing design and technical services and undertaking projects as an engineer.
More specifically, your duties will include (but not be limited to):
- Undertaking design, estimating, compilation of specifications, job supervision, contract administration, costing analysis and project management;
- Assisting with on-the-job supervision and training of subordinate employees;
- Liaising with professional and trades people and the general public, attending to complaints received within the Engineers responsibility;
- Attending to correspondence and writing of technical letters/reports;
- Representing DPD in a professional capacity at seminars or conferences;
- Checking design and as constructed plans; and
- Assisting and giving technical advice to other engineers, design officers and CAD drafters.
To be considered, you should have:
- Engineering degree as recognised by Engineers Australia which would allow membership of Engineers Australia (whilst typically this would be an electrical engineering role, structural/mechanical engineering competencies and strong powerline knowledge are a definite advantage)
- CPEng status is considered an advantage
- Experience in industry construction office practices in general including design, drafting, scheduling, estimation, as constructed records and the use of computers as an aid to those activities
- Extensive experience in design office practices relating to design, drafting, scheduling, estimation, report production and the use of computers as an aid to these activities
- Considerable experience in the supervision and development of engineering and technical staff
The successful applicant will possess several years experience in the distribution powerline industry, along with proficiency in project and contract management and the use of PLS-CADD, PLS-POLE and PLS-CAISSON power line design software.
Experience in the use of AutoCAD, AutoMAP 3D/Infrastructure suite, GIS/ESRI and SKM Power*Tools software would be highly regarded.
You'll possess proficiency in planning, design and problem solving, particularly in general electrical engineering works including but not limiting to electrical utilities and mining sector overhead and underground power lines, underground residential and industrial subdivisions, extension of electrical utilities distribution network, both overhead and underground and major spot loads. A thorough understanding of AS/NZS 7000 and limit state design techniques for pole type distribution power line systems and HV distribution earthing and lightning protection system design and specification is essential.
DPD is looking for a detail orientated team player with highly developed planning, organisational and time management skills. Exceptional communication skills, and the ability to effectively control personnel in the work area and implement practices are also important. Additionally, you'll require sound letter and report writing skills, good specification writing skills and skills in tender and quotation analysis and reporting.
About the Benefits
In reward for your hard work and dedication, you will be offered an attractive salary circa $95,000 - $115,000 per annum, depending on experience, qualifications and skills, plus super and overtime when approved. You'll also benefit from a laptop!
What's more, working approximately 38 hours per week means you'll achieve a healthy work/life balance and will be able to get your weekends back to do what you please!
Working in a convenient location just 12km from Adelaide's CBD, you'll also receive secure undercover parking and excellent public transport facilities.
If you're a born leader, looking for the chance to manage unique projects - this is the opportunity for you!
This is a fantastic career advancement opportunity where you can use your skills to undertake great projects! Apply Now!