Placement Worker (Foster & Kinship Care)
- Looking for a challenging and rewarding way to give something back to the community?
- Join an established Queensland community service organisation!
- Competitive remuneration $46,985 to $54,519 + salary sacrificing and other benefits!
About UnitingCare Community
UnitingCare Community (formerly Lifeline Community Care Queensland) exists to strengthen the lives of individuals, families and communities through wide-ranging community services that deliver enhanced access, efficiency and outcomes to the people who matter the most - its service users.
With more than 2000 staff and 3000 volunteers, UnitingCare Community is currently able to assist over 371,000 Queenslanders annually through the provision of services including telephone and face-to-face counselling, disability lifestyle support, family and youth support services and childcare. Activities are funded through a combination of donations, fundraising, business income and State or Federal government service agreements.
View the organisation at http://www.uccommunity.org.au
About the Opportunity
UnitingCare Community has an exciting opportunity for a full time Placement Worker (Foster & Kinship Care) to join their dedicated team in Chermside.
In this rewarding role, you'll be planning and coordinating the recruitment, retention and training of all Volunteer Foster Care providers.
More specifically, some of your key duties will include:
- Liaising and negotiating matches for new referrals with Foster Carer Families;
- Conducting interviews, assessments and completing agreements for carers;
- Resourcing, supervising and providing professional development to Carers;
- Assisting in maintaining up-to-date and accurate records by collecting recruitment & placement data;
- Working autonomously to meet deadlines and work outcomes; and
- Implementing and monitoring recruitment strategies.
To be successful in this role, you will hold tertiary qualifications in human service, social science and/or have relevant experience through previous service. You will also have a knowledge of therapeutic processes and practices, particularly in relation to child protection. This will include the ability to analyse, evaluate and make objective judgements and recommendations.
You will be an enthusiastic and motivated individual who can resource, supervise and provide professional development for volunteer foster carers and respite care providers. In addition, you'll have the knowledge and ability to deliver case management processes in accordance with relevant legislation.
Strong communication skills are essential as you liaise with internal and external stakeholders, as is proficient computer literacy and the ability to use Microsoft software including Word, Excel and database applications.
Additional requirements include the willingness to undergo a Personal History Check and Working with Children Check and a current QLD Driver's Licence.
Although not essential, possession of a Certificate IV in Workplace Training & Assessment (or the ability to obtain), would be highly regarded.
About the Benefits
This is an extremely varied and challenging role with the opportunity to make a difference and support young people and carer families within the child protection system.
Your commitment will be rewarded with an attractive remuneration circa $46,985 - $54,519, commensurate with skills and experience.
In addition, you will also enjoy great benefits including:
- Salary sacrifice benefits;
- Flexible working conditions;
- Supportive work environment; and
- Ongoing training and professional development
If you are ready for a new professional challenge and want to make a positive impact on your local community, Apply Now!