Community Support Workers
Para Hills, Adelaide, SA
- Make a real difference to families in this rewarding position!
- Pivotal, hands-on and varied role within an established leader in active support!
- Remuneration includes salary sacrifice option plus full training & support!
About the Organisation
Based in South Australia, Leveda is a non-government accommodation and community support service for people with disabilities and complex support needs. Their vision is that every person with a disability has a valued role in the community and is supported to reach their full potential.
Leveda enables this vision by providing high quality support ensuring individuals have maximum control over their lives.
- Provide individual's with the ability to learn and develop;
- A skilled workforce trained to meet individual needs, and a place where staff are happy to work;
- Encourage and support active involvement in family member's life;
- Skills and experience to meet specific needs, such as health care and behavioural support.
About the Opportunity
Leveda has an exciting opportunity for several motivated part time Community Support Workers to join a dynamic team at the Para Hills Service.
Reporting to the Service Manager within this newly established centre-based service, you'll be providing high quality services, offering choice, support and flexibility for people living with disabilities.
More specifically, some of your duties may include:
- Building positive relationships with clients, their families and relevant agencies;
- Maximising opportunities for clients to participate in their local community;
- Driving best practice, skill development and community involvement within the centre; and
- Supporting the overall progress of the organisation and its work with people with a disability.
If you're looking for a varied and interactive position where your passion and innovation will be valued and encouraged - this is the opportunity for you!
To be successful in this role, you'll hold a Certificate III in Community Services (Disability) (or equivalent) along with a desire to take on a leading support position ensuring quality support services.
As the new service will provide a break for families, you'll be providing a supportive and caring environment that encourages fun, learning and development through a range of activities. You'll be part of a positive culture and will help motivate team members to achieve their full potential. Strong communication skills will enable you to effectively build relationships with a diverse range of individuals and community groups.
Leveda is looking for responsible individuals who show initiative, self-motivation and respect.
Successful applicants will also need a current drivers licence, senior first aid certificate, current police security clearance and current manual handling qualification.
About the Benefits
Working within a close-knit team of dedicated and passionate professionals, this is a fantastic opportunity for the successful candidate to contribute to and influence cultural change within this leading not-for-profit organisation.
In return for your dedication and hard work, you'll be rewarded with remuneration, commensurate with your skills and experience. You will have access to salary sacrificing options, increasing the value of your take-home pay.
Leveda truly values the skills and commitment of their workforce and is intent on creating a supportive and positive work environment. As such, you will be welcomed as a vital part of the team and will receive ongoing training opportunities to assist your professional development.
As you advance your career, you'll be able to play an integral part in determining the future direction of the newly created centre and organisation as a whole.
This is a fantastic opportunity to progress your career in a growing organisation that is committed to individual recognition - Apply Now!