- Join a growing Aboriginal Corporation in this pivotal role, and make a real difference to the Mallee region community!
- 6 weeks annual leave.
- Further benefits include Salary packaging up to $15,600, Professional Development allowance and negotiable relocation assistance!
- Opportunity to work Part time or as a Contractor if preferred!
About the Organisation
The history of the Mildura Aboriginal Corporation (MAC) is one of growth and innovation.
The organisation started small in the early 80's; two workers in a single room provided health services, including drug and alcohol counselling, while a Koori playgroup next door offered respite and social connection for parents of small children. MAC (then known as Sunraysia District Aboriginal Corporation) was a pioneering community-controlled indigenous community service. The service grew rapidly in its first decade. Fuelled by their desire to see change in their community, its leaders identified community issues, designed solutions and applied for funding, working in partnership with other welfare providers and government agencies.
MACs expanding suite of programs included a family group home, a safe place for kids to escape trouble, and an increasingly comprehensive health service. New premises were sought, bought and even built. MAC made an early foray into social enterprise with a building company that provided training and employment.
About the Opportunity
Mildura Aboriginal Corporation has an exciting opportunity for a Dietitian to join their Healthy For Life team based in Mildura. This is a full time position, however MAC are willing to consider flexible arrangements including part-time and contractors.
You will primarily be responsible for delivering holistic healthy lifestyle services to members of the Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander communities across the Mallee region. This will include conducting client assessments, providing counselling and educational resources and developing and delivering heath promotion programs.
Your responsibilities will include (but are not limited to):
- Supporting clients in the initiation and maintenance of healthy nutrition;
- Raising the nutritional levels of communities in Mildura, Dareton, Robinvale & Balranald;
- Providing resource information, support advocacy and referrals; and
- Contributing towards policy and planning of the dietetic and nutrition team.
Mildura Aboriginal Corporation are looking for a registered Dietitian who has membership or eligibility to practice as an accredited Dietitian through Dietitians Association of Australia (DAA).
You will have a demonstrated ability to work both independently and within a multidisciplinary team. In addition, you will have demonstrated high levels of skills in assessment, diagnosis and treatment of a broad range of nutritional difficulties and the ability to work in a culturally sensitive manner.
An understanding of Primary Health Care and its relevance to rural and remote communities will be the platform to your success in this role, as will your awareness of Indigenous health issues.
Working with people with diverse value systems, cultural differences and special needs, it is essential you have outstanding communication and interpersonal skills. You will be coordinating projects from initiation to completion, so it is essential that you have excellent time management skills.
About the Benefits
If you're a motivated individual looking to take on a rewarding challenge where you can really make a difference - this is the opportunity for you!
In return for your hard work and dedication, the successful candidate will enjoy an attractive remuneration (negotiable for the right candidate) PLUS super. In addition you will receive the following benefits;
- Salary packaging of up to $15,600;
- Professional Development Allowance;
- 4 weeks annual leave, with 20% leave loading;
- 2 weeks full paid extended leave (Christmas) with no leave loading; and
- Relocation assistance (subject to eligibility).
Furthermore, you will be welcomed into a supportive and welcoming team that will listen to and value your ideas. This is an opportunity to advance your career with an established and highly respected community organisation, where you will have a direct and positive impact on the community.