Child and Family Practitioner
Northern Melbourne, VIC (includes, Collingwood, Glenroy, Greensborough)
- Join a dynamic not-for-profit organisation
- Salary packaging to maximise your take home pay
- Flexible hours and TOIL scheme, ensuring you achieve a healthy work/life balance
Join us in the establishment of drummond street’s new service as a Child & Family Practitioner focused on supporting children, young people and families delivering preventative and early intervention services and programs that promote Wellbeing for Life.
About the Organisation
drummond street services (DS) is a not-for-profit, non-denominational agency that provides family services, mental health and wellbeing support, relationship counselling, parent support and education for families, children and young people that reflect the diversity of the communities across our different locations.
drummond street has over 127 years in the development and delivery of innovative services that strengthens families and communities with a strong focus on evidence-based/informed practice and across the prevention and early intervention spectrum of universal and targeted support.
- Parenting programs and community education that promote healthy strong families;
- Prevention programs throughout the family life cycle to increase families strength;
- Early intervention programs at key family transitions where families are particularly vulnerable, such as birth of a child and relationship difficulties;
- Tertiary programs to intervene in areas which impact on family relationships such as separation and divorce, family violence, mental illness, drug and alcohol abuse; and
- Maintenance programs which assist families which have negotiated difficulties such as separation and are re-partnering.
We have been delivering a range of Family Mental Health & Wellbeing Support Services over several years, along with Child Mental Health and community-based prevention and early intervention services.
We also deliver support services including trauma-focused case work support as part of the Royal Commission into Institutional Approaches into Child Sexual Abuse funded support services.
As part of continued expansion, including the establishment of new Family Mental Health Support Services to support the Northern Melbourne community, we are seeking an experienced practitioner in the following role;
Family Mental Health Support Practitioners – Northern Melbourne, VIC (includes, Collingwood, Glenroy, Greensborough)
Delivering individual, group based and community engagement activities that promote positive wellbeing outcomes and reduce mental health risks for children and young people.
About the Role
This is a fantastic practice opportunity for the right candidate who wants to provide their skills and expertise in working with families, young people, children or trauma-focused case support.
The responsibilities of this pivotal role include:
- Actively contributing to our mission, objectives, values and culture through high quality support and practice.
- Provide centre-based, outreach and home-based support – including supportive counselling, case work, parent support and child mental and adolescent mental health support to children, young people and families from diverse socio-economic backgrounds
- Deliver community & mental health prevention programs and parent support groups
- Be part of the establishment of new programs and services or our existing programs that promotes family and child wellbeing across a spectrum of universal and targeted early intervention, treatment and recovery orientated services.
- Work within cross-disciplinary teams to achieve positive outcomes for families and children.
- Contribute to broader sector, policy and evidence base through the development and delivery of evidence-based individual support, group programs and parent support and education.
drummond street is non-discriminatory, secular organisation that delivers universal and targeted interventions that supports contemporary families, individuals, adults, children, young people and communities in all their diversity. Therefore we welcome candidates that work within a social justice framework and have prior experience and competencies working with diverse communities and families, such as; refugee and humanitarian entrants, culturally and linguistically diverse communities, gender diverse and queer community members and Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander families and communities.
The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate their constructive, creative, collaborative and optimistic approaches in their support to families, young people, children and those individuals with trauma experiences, along with their necessary experience and qualifications.
Join an organisation that is making a difference within the lives of families and communities and that promotes well being for life - Apply Now!
drummond street also have an opportunity for a Family Mental Health Services Manager, for more information please click here.
drummond street also have an opportunity for a Senior Child and Family Services Practitioner (Mental Health Support), for more information please click here.