Manager - HRPA
Honiara, Solomon Islands
- Exciting leadership opportunity for a senior HR Manager in Solomon Islands
- Excellent salary package commensurate with experience TAX FREE, including COLDA and Location Allowance, plus a host of additional benefits such as super, insurance, medical, education and rental allowances!
- Make the ultimate sea change and take your career to the next level!
About the Organisation
The Pacific Islands Forum Fisheries Agency (FFA) is an intergovernmental organisation working to strengthen national capacity and regional solidarity so Pacific nations can manage, control, and develop their tuna fisheries now and in the future.
Based in Honiara, Solomon Islands, FFA's 17 member nations are Australia, Cook Islands, Federated States of Micronesia, Fiji, Kiribati, Marshall Islands, Nauru, New Zealand, Niue, Palau, Papua New Guinea, Samoa, Solomon Islands, Tokelau, Tonga, Tuvalu and Vanuatu.
Since 1979, FFA has facilitated regional cooperation so that all Pacific countries benefit from the sustainable use of tuna – worth over USD $3 billion a year, and important for many people’s livelihoods in the Pacific.
For more information about The Pacific Islands Forum Fisheries Agency please visit their website here.
About the Opportunity
FFA now has an exciting opportunity for an experienced Manager - Human Resources, Performance and Administration (HRPA) to join their team in Honiara, in the Solomon Islands, on a full-time basis. This appointment is made on a three-year term and may be renewable at this time.
Reporting to the Director of Corporate Services, this is a senior leadership position providing strategic, policy and technical advice to Executive and Management relating to:
- The FFA's Statement of Intent, Annual Report and other governance policies and documents;
- Planning, monitoring and evaluation of Agency programs, including within the Annual Work Program and Budget processes; and
- Human Resources recruitment, administration, payroll and performance management.
With a team of 15 staff and managing a budget of USD$300,000, this position is split between two key areas of responsibility:
- Effective leadership, oversight and management of the human resource functions of the Agency including recruitment and selection of staff; management of staff benefits and entitlements, contracts of employment and salary and remuneration; and developing and maintaining comprehensive HR policies and processes.
- Effective support and implementation of strategic planning and governance initiatives for the Agency including coordinating and updating the Statement of Intent; assisting in the preparation of the Annual Works Program and Budget; and, drafting the Annual Report.
To be successful in this position you will have tertiary qualifications in Strategic Management, Human Resources Management, Economics or related field and proven experience in HR management, including leading a large team. Critically, you will also have demonstratable experience in monitoring and evaluating systems in a medium-sized organisation at both the organisational and individual level.
This is a very busy position requiring someone who can manage multiple activities at any given time and the ability to prioritise and delegate workloads as necessary in order to deliver work within tight deadlines. You will have exceptional written and verbal communication skills and the ability to interpret policies and regulations and deliver clear recommendations and advice to senior management.
Please Note: This role requires intermittent travel throughout the region.
About the Benefits
The Pacific Islands Forum Fisheries Agency (FFA) is offering the successful candidate a competitive remuneration package, TAX FREE, commensurate with skills and experience.
You will also have superannuation paid at 7.5% into either a nominated fund or as an additional cash supplement. FFA reimburses all reasonable medical, dental, and optical expenses for yourself and dependents. Insurance coverage is also provided for personal accident, life, medical & repatriation.
Education for dependent children will be reimbursed at 75% of tuition fees (Conditions apply). If your dependent child is educated overseas, paid school travel may be available for you or your child to visit each other once a year.
Accommodation assistance is also available.
Additionally, relocation expenses will be paid, with an establishment grant paid on arrival in Honiara. Annual airfares back to your country of repatriation will be provided, and a repatriation allowance of 2 weeks’ base salary on return to home-base at the end of your contract. There is also a retention incentive of 21% of your base salary which will be paid on the completion of your three-year contract.
On top of all this, you will have access to 6 weeks of annual leave each year, giving you plenty of time to explore this stunning part of the world!
Applications close 9th January 2017 at 5pm AEST.
To apply for this role, please complete the questions below and attach your resume.
The full position description can be downloaded here.