- Bring your experience in warehousing, supply chain management and procurement to this strategic leadership role
- Great opportunity for someone looking for the next big step in their career!
- Highly successful family owned Australian company operating for over 80 years
- Attractive salary package negotiable with skills and experience
About the Organisation
With an extensive history stretching back over 80 years, and three generations of family ownership, Haymes Paint exemplifies quality, passion, and integrity. Renowned for their superior products they do not compromise on quality. Haymes Paint always strives to ensure the highest standards are met and surpassed in everything that they do.
About the Opportunity
Haymes Paint now has an exciting opportunity for a hands-on Operations Manager to join their team based in Ballarat, Victoria.
Reporting to the General Manager, the Operations Manager has overarching management responsibility for the manufacturing, supply chain planning, procurement and distribution functions at Haymes Paint. Continually striving for cost efficiencies, continuous improvement and customer satisfaction, you will develop and implement operations strategy that fully supports the organisation's corporate strategy.
Day-to-day this will include:
- Developing Strategic and Business Planning to cover immediate (1 year) and Medium (3 years);
- Procurement management including evaluating suppliers and determining procurement strategies for selected supplier groups;
- Supply chain management including implementing and maintaining supply chain contracts;
- Inventory management including warehouse and transport management to service Haymes national network of 350+ distributors;
- Financial management including completion of budgets and forecasts, managing operations budgets to ensure they are against targets; and
- Effectively manage, coordinate, support and develop Haymes staff and maintain honest and respectful relationships with fellow work colleagues.
Haymes Paint is seeking candidates with extensive experience in warehousing, supply chain management, procurement and distribution/logistics. Ideally, you will also have experience in batch manufacturing processes, however, this is not mandatory.
You will have a working knowledge of Lean principles and ERP systems. A strong practical knowledge of paint-making processes, methods and equipment would also be an advantage.
As a champion of the S&OP process, you will have a strong rapport across all areas of the business and drive actions to maintain industry best practice for customer satisfaction.
A proven leader, you will have experience in managing a diverse skill-based workforce (this position has a minimum of 3 direct reports and 30-40 indirect reports), a strong customer focus, and well-developed communication and interpersonal skills. In addition, you will be a hands-on leader who isn't afraid to roll your sleeves up and help out to get the job done.
This role would be well suited to someone who has worked in leadership roles, across these disciplines, and is looking for the next big step up in their career.
Please click here to download a Position Description.
On offer for the successful candidate is a highly competitive salary package, negotiable with skills and experience.
Haymes Paint encourages a family-friendly working culture, to ensure you receive a healthy work/life balance.
This opportunity won't last long. If you are looking to take the next big step in your operations career - Apply Now!