Physiotherapists (including recent Graduates)
Longreach and Mount Isa, QLD
Calling all Physiotherapists - including recent Graduates! Are you looking for a diverse community based role in which you can truly make a difference?
- Multiple roles available - fixed-term contracts until June 30, 2017!
- Recent graduates are encouraged to apply
- Attractive remuneration up to $92,925, plus super and 17.5% leave loading!
- Relocation, travel and rental assistance available!
About the Organisation
North and West Remote Health (NWRH) is a vibrant, not-for-profit organisation employing multidisciplinary teams to provide health and well-being services in remote Central and North West Queensland.
A pioneer in the provision of outreach health services since 2001, the current service region covers 30% of the state, incorporating 14 Local Government Areas and 39 communities and is continually looking to expand this footprint across rural and remote Australia.
This dynamic and evolving organisation continues to break new ground in the provision of direct health services and preventative health programs and stands to be a leading advocate for rural and remote health care.
About the Opportunities
North and West Remote Health Ltd (NWRH) have two current opportunities for Physiotherapists to join either their Longreach or Mount Isa teams, on a full-time, fixed-term contract basis, until June 30 2017.
Reporting directly to the respective Team Leader, you will be responsible for the assessment and treatment of patients and their associated case management. Additionally, you will provide education and support to other health professionals and community groups, with the aim of improving community health and increasing awareness of prevention and treatment practices.
Some of your more specific duties will include (but will not be limited to):
- Assessing, treating and preventing disorders in human movement caused by injury or disease;
- Administering muscle, nerve, joint and functional ability tests to identify issues;
- Documenting and processing patient case management;
- Reviewing, monitoring and evaluating programs and treatments, implementing required changes; and
- Assisting health and community groups to improve the health of individuals and the community by raising awareness of healthy lifestyles, disease and disability, and other health-related issues.
To be considered for this position, you must possess a relevant tertiary qualification (or equivalent) and be registered or eligible for registration with the Physiotherapy Board of Australia and AHPRA. You will have proven capacity for the provision of high-quality assessment, treatment and intervention of physical illness in clients from a diverse range of cultural backgrounds, experiencing a wide range of conditions.
Demonstrated knowledge of, or motivation to acquire knowledge of Primary Health Care principles and issues presenting in rural and remote communities is essential, as is acquiring awareness of health issues prevalent in the Longreach community.
Your high-level communication skills will enable you to build rapport with a variety of stakeholders and perform your duties independently. Ideal candidates will have had exposure to not-for-profit operations previously, using this knowledge to develop effective relationships within the NWRH team and the wider community.
Due to the nature and location of this role, you may at times be required to travel by road and air to undertake work in neighbouring remote communities and must be comfortable with this aspect of the position.
Experience with Microsoft Office Suite is a requirement of the role, in order to successfully execute the administrative and data-based functions of case management. Additionally, you must hold a current C class driver's licence and be willing to undertake a Criminal History Check prior to commencement.
For a full position description please click here.
For any questions or enquiries in reference to the Longreach opportunity, please contact Leanne Hardinge, on 07 4652 7100, or email Leanne.firstname.lastname@example.org
For any questions or enquiries in reference to the Mount Isa opportunity, please contact Rahni Cotterill, on 07 4744 7600, or email Rahni.Cotterill@nwrh.com.au
About the Benefits
Whether you are looking for a change of scene, a new adventure or to give back, this is an opportunity to make a real and valuable contribution to the health of each of these vibrant communities. This role presents an excellent opportunity to put your knowledge and experience to good use, whilst gaining invaluable regional health care experience.
In return for your hard work and contribution to the organisation, you'll receive an attractive remuneration up to $92,925, commensurate with experience and qualifications!
In addition a range of further benefits are provided, including:
- 9.5% superannuation;
- Salary sacrifice entitlement of up to $15,900;
- Annual leave loading of 17.5%;
- Relocation Assistance (negotiable);
- 5 weeks annual leave; and
- Annual travel subsidy
You will have access to ongoing professional development opportunities, with high level support from your Team Leader and colleagues. Experience immense job satisfaction in this role as you contribute to the overall improvement of health in the Longreach and Mount Isa communities.
Use your knowledge and passion for physiotherapy to make a difference and be part of a dynamic and dedicated organisation - Apply Now!
- You must have the right to live and work in Australia to be considered for this role;
- All final applicants for this position will be asked to consent to a criminal record check; and
- Indigenous Australians are strongly encouraged to apply.
- We encourage people with disability who have relevant skills and experience, to apply for any advertised vacancies