- Autonomous opportunity developing and delivering training programs within Indigenous NFP organisation
- Attractive remuneration package up to $115,000 + super, and relocation assistance for the right candidate
- Benefits include subsidised accommodation and 5 weeks' annual leave
About the Organisation
The Myuma Group (Myuma) encompasses not-for-profit corporations owned by the Indjalandji-Dhidhanu People: the Traditional Owners of the upper Georgina River region in far north-west Queensland. Their vision is to sustain people and country through Aboriginal enterprise.
Since their establishment in the late 1990’s, The Myuma Group has founded a range of successful enterprises that provide employment, training, and economic and cultural development opportunities for the region’s predominantly Aboriginal communities, while attracting wider Indigenous participation from throughout Queensland and the Northern Territory.
Their approach is to cultivate enduring partnerships with Indigenous communities and organisations, employers, researchers, investors, and government and non-government agencies, to enhance the reach and impact of their social enterprise activities. They now have a national reputation as a quality designer and provider of specialist pre-vocational and trade-level vocational training, and associated employment pathways for Indigenous people.
About the Opportunity
Due to growth in the organisation, Myuma Group has an exciting opportunity for a Training Manager to join their hard working team on a full-time basis, to be based in Camooweal, Queensland.
Reporting to the General Manager, you will manage the day-to-day functioning of the Myuma Group's Training Unit, organising and leading the Training Team, with a focus on workforce development. You will develop and deliver quality vocational education and training programs to achieve reputable outcomes, in a flexible, innovative and culturally appropriate way.
More specifically, some of your responsibilities will include (but not be limited to):
- Manage and lead the day-to-day operations of the Training Unit so as to ensure that the Unit’s activities meet all relevant existing and future financial and other performance targets;
- Maintain the existing business as well as actively engaging with existing networks of external stakeholders to grow new business opportunities;
- Actively manage and contribute to the Training Team’s performance by leading, training and supporting team members, monitoring and assessing team member performance, participating in team meetings, and providing feedback to team members and Myuma Group management;
- Successfully identify and implement strategies and initiatives which increase the scale, number, range and/or value of training services and products delivered by the Training Unit to external clients and to internal staff/contractors, in a manner consistent with the Myuma Group’s vision; and
- Work with the Myuma Group’s Executive Team to develop viable new training program delivery models that are responsive to business opportunities such as the National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS) and others presented in the health, disability, child care and social service sectors.
To be successful in this position you will hold tertiary qualifications in Business Management or similar; a Certificate IV in Training and Assessment; and advanced skills in the use of Microsoft applications including Excel, Outlook and Word.
You will have demonstrable success in a similar management role, including experience managing audit and compliance processes associated with VET delivery and proven experience in the design and development of delivery and assessment resources for accredited training programs. In addition, you will be able to design and deliver the training programs and all associated workflow including managing program budgets, negotiating funding arrangements, and scheduling training delivery.
The Myuma Group is looking for someone who can bring strong leadership skills to motivate and grow a high-performance team. With excellent interpersonal, consultative, written and oral communication skills, you will be confident communicating with Indigenous Australians and have an understanding of, and appreciation for, Indigenous culture.
To see the organisation's Strategic Plan, please click here.
To see the Position Description, please click here.
About the Benefits
In this challenging and rewarding role, you will contribute to a future that respects the culture of Indigenous Australians and advances Aboriginal enterprise. This is a rare opportunity to be part of something great and make a difference in your career.
For your work and dedication, The Myuma Group are offering an attractive remuneration package up to $115,000 plus super, based on skills and experience, with relocation assistance negotiable for the right candidate.
In addition, a laptop, mobile phone and subsidised accommodation will be provided. You will also receive a generous 5 weeks' annual leave.
If you're looking for a job guaranteed to provide you with satisfaction and the feeling you have made a real difference - Apply Now!