Manager - Community Health
- Use your primary health and management experience to deliver quality healthcare services to local Aboriginal communities!
- Attractive base salary, circa $112, 483 - $125,660 (negotiable based on experience and qualifications) plus super, generous allowances and salary sacrifice options!
- Rent-free air-conditioned accommodation supplied with all utilities paid for and a subsidised phone!
- Amazing work/life balance, giving you the chance to explore the wondrous Australian outback, as well as return home for holidays!
About the Organisation
Sunrise Health Service Aboriginal Corporation's main purpose is to improve the health and wellbeing of the people in the region east of Katherine in the Northern Territory using a holistic approach that includes a high standard of medical care, the promotion of social justice and the overcoming of the sickness that affects so many people in the region. This is done through the organisation's health clinics and health education, mixing together traditional Indigenous culture and the best of mainstream medicine.
Most importantly, the Sunrise approach involves community people taking part in controlling their own health. Everything from financial management and governance, staff selection and service delivery priorities are directed by the organisation's Aboriginal Board and Community Health Committees. The organisation proudly boast ISO 9001 and AGPAL accreditation.
Sunrise provides a fulfilling and stimulating work environment in a diverse range of areas for those seeking a career in Indigenous Health.
About the Opportunity
Sunrise Health Service has an extremely rewarding opportunity for a Manager Community Health to join their dedicated, multidisciplinary team, on a full-time basis.
Reporting to the Director of Primary Health Care, this role will be responsible for actively leading and managing the staff within the Ngukurr Health Centre - overseeing the development and delivery of primary health care to the local and surrounding communities.
Key responsibilities include:
- Working in collaboration with local Board Directors, Community Health Committee (CHC) members, senior community mentors and Aboriginal Health Practitioners (AHP), to identify health priorities and community driven solutions;
- Building the capacity of AHP’s and other Indigenous staff to provide the highest possible standard of culturally appropriate health care;
- Working in close collaboration with other organisations and departments, both internal and external to Sunrise to achieve optimal health service delivery outcomes;
- Acting as the coordination point for local and town based health program service delivery;
- Managing all aspects of the day to day operation of the Health Centre.
The ideal candidate will hold an AHPRA registration as a Senior Aboriginal Health Practitioner or Registered Nurse and will possess proven experience in a primary health focused management role. Any further qualifications in a relevant field will be held in high regard.
Sunrise Health Service is seeking an adaptable and flexible individual who can display the initiative, discretion and cultural sensitivity needed to support and drive the organisation's objectives and values. You must be able to operate effectively as a leader within a cross-cultural, multi-disciplinary health team. Your management background will ensure you have high-level problem solving, networking and dispute resolution skills. Additionally, it's important you be a leader who is committed to professional development for both yourself and your team members.
Candidates who are open to change, accepting of and interested in engaging with Aboriginal people, and comfortable living in a remote environment will be best suited to this position.Previous experience working with Aboriginal communities in a remote setting will be highly advantageous.
You will also need to be competent in the use of computer applications and experience with Communicare will be highly regarded.
To be considered, you must be willing to undergo a Police Check and Working with Children Check prior to commencing employment and hold a manual driver’s licence.
About the Benefits
This is an influential 'hands-on' role, that offers you the opportunity to advance your career as part of a highly respected organisation. In addition, you will receive ongoing professional training opportunities to ensure your future career excels.
Your dedication will be rewarded with an attractive remuneration package circa $162, 518 - $176,947. This package includes:
This package includes:
- 6 weeks leave per year;
- Up to 10 days study leave;
- Rent-free air-conditioned housing, plus utilities and subsidised phone;
- Salary packaging options;
- Remote area allowances including Travel Out of Isolated Lands Entitlement;
- Full support from the health team; and
- Relocation assistance
Additionally, working at Sunrise Health Service and living in the Katherine region has lifestyle benefits that are unique to the Northern Territory. With Australia's most stunning landscapes on your doorstep and an incredible outdoor lifestyle on offer, the Northern Territory is the place to be to make the most of life’s adventures.
Please Note: to apply, you will be required to upload a current resume as well as respond to the questions below.
Don’t miss this opportunity to direct a dedicated team in producing improved health outcomes for the community – Apply Now!