Registered Nurses/Midwives (Remote Area)
Various locations, Katherine region, NT
- Are you a Registered Nurse or RN with Midwifery qualifications?
- Are you looking for a new and challenging role in which you can truly make a difference?
- Highly attractive salary package circa $148,247-$156,154 including super and salary sacrifice options
- Huge range of benefits including subsidised air-conditioned housing, paid utilities and relocation assist
- 6 weeks leave per year, giving you the chance to explore the wondrous Australian outback!
About the Organisation
Sunrise Health Service Aboriginal Corporation is a community controlled Health Organisation.
The Sunrise approach involves community people taking part in controlling their own health. Everything from financial management and governance, staff selection and service delivery priorities are directed by the organisation's Aboriginal Board and Community Health Committees.
Sunrise Health Service has a unique approach to the delivery of health to all people in the remote communities east of Katherine, NT. Sunrise has a philosophy of community participation and strong focus on multi-disciplinary care coordination. This is done through the organisation's health clinics and health education, mixing together traditional Indigenous culture and the best of mainstream medicine.
Sunrise currently employs more than 145 staff, 70 per cent of whom are Indigenous, across its nine health centres east of Katherine, and Head Office in the centre of town. Sunrise provides a fulfilling and stimulating work environment in a diverse range of areas for those seeking a career in Indigenous Health.
About the Opportunities
Sunrise Health Service Aboriginal Corporation has a number of exciting opportunities for Registered Nurses and RN's with Midwifery qualifications, to join their dedicated teams in remote communities within the Katherine, NT region.
The successful applicant will have a role in working with other health care professionals, both internally and externally to achieve positive outcomes in overall levels of health and well-being in the community through the provision of primary and acute health care.
Some of your key responsibilities and performance indicators will include:
- Working collaboratively with health staff to provide primary health care, acute care and accident and emergency care, as required;
- Treating acute illness and chronic medical conditions, and managing computerised recalls and patient follow-up care;
- Ensuring that programmed outstation visits are completed and health checks/screenings are completed as required;
- Participating in the planning and implementation of coordinated care through involvement in activity planning and multidisciplinary care planning activities;
- Assessment and referral of social welfare issues;
- Providing input into clinical activity reports for Community Health Committee meetings;
- Providing direction, guidance, training and support for Aboriginal Health Workers in their everyday work; and
- Day to day administration of clinical activities.
To be considered for these positions, you must hold a current practising certificate and be registered (or eligible for registration) with the Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency (AHPRA) as a general nurse and/or midwife. Broad primary health care experience and advanced clinical skills are essential, and candidates must be able to demonstrate a sound knowledge of primary health care principles and their application in a remote Aboriginal community setting.
Sunrise is seeking adaptable and flexible individuals who can display the initiative, discretion and cultural sensitivity needed to support and drive the organisation's objectives and values. You must be able to communicate and participate effectively within a cross-cultural, multi-disciplinary health team and demonstrate the ability to provide leadership and assist in the management of the human, financial and physical resources of a remote community health centre.
Candidates who are open to change, accepting of Aboriginal people, comfortable living in a remote environment and who are willing to learn the ways of Aboriginal people will be best suited to this position. The ability to work under Aboriginal management and control will be highly regarded. No two days will be the same and as a result, highly resourceful candidates will thrive here.
The successful candidates must be willing to undergo a Working With Children Check or hold a current Ochre Card. A manual driver's licence is required for this position and it would be an advantage if you held a Certificate IV in Training & Assessment (or were willing to obtain this).
About the Benefits
Your dedication will be rewarded with a highly attractive salary package circa $148,247-$156,154 (based on skills and experience), which includes super and salary packaging options.
You will also have access to a huge range of other benefits including:
- 6 weeks leave per year;
- Up to 10 days study leave;
- Post Graduate allowance where applicable;
- Fully subsidised air-conditioned housing, subsidised phone rental and up to $100 in phone calls;
- Salary packaging options up to $15,899 per packaging year;
- FOIL – (every 3 months or 4 months depending on location) receive 2 days paid leave and $1,110.00 cash;
- Full support from the health team; and
- Generous relocation and repatriation.
Sunrise also has a comprehensive staff training and development program which is provided to all employees. This training is designed to ensure that all staff have the necessary skills and knowledge to perform their duties.
Additionally, working at Sunrise Health Service and living in the Katherine region has lifestyle benefits that are unique to the Northern Territory. With the Katherine Gorge on your doorstep and an incredible outdoor lifestyle on offer, combined with some of the best fishing in the world, the Northern Territory is the place to be to make the most of life’s adventures.
Please note: Candidates must be Australian or New Zealand Citizens or Permanent Residents with the right to live and work in Australia
Don't miss out on these unique opportunities in which you can truly make a difference ... Apply Now!