Engineering Works Manager
- Busy leadership opportunity for an experienced Engineering Works Manager
- Progressive Local Government organisation within the Riverina area of NSW
- Attractive remuneration negotiable with experience + fully maintained vehicle and relocation assistance
About the Opportunity
Temora Shire Council now has a newly created opportunity for a skilled Engineering Works Manager to join their multidisciplinary team in Temora, NSW on a full-time basis.
Reporting to and supporting the Engineering Technical Services Manager, you will primarily be responsible for managing the delivery of all capital and maintenance works undertaken by Council. You will be an active contributor to the Engineering team, working collectively to deliver Council’s endorsed Operational Plan and Delivery Program.
More specifically, some of your daily tasks will include (but may not be limited to):
- Managing capital works and maintenance projects with a total budget of circa $10M, including urban and rural roads and services, emergency response and general works, and procurement and operational administration;
- Leading 3 direct reports and a total team of around 40 staff;
- Acting as a vital link between Council’s Executive Team and operational staff;
- Coordinating and administering projects in accordance with legislation, Council policies, design specifications, budgets and time frames;
- Assisting the Engineering Technical Services Manager with monitoring capital and maintenance expenditure against budgeted allocations;
- Providing ongoing guidance, support, coaching and training to direct reports; and
- Implementing, monitoring and complying with the Council's WHS systems.
To be successful in this position you will have previous experience in a similar role within a Local Government setting and strong technical ability. Ideally you will have tertiary qualifications in Civil Engineering, a working knowledge of CAD programs and previous experience working within a smaller regional community, however this is not mandatory.
High level interpersonal, negotiation and conflict resolution skills will be a must, allowing you to build and sustain positive relationships with a diverse range of key stakeholders. As you will have a number of direct reports, strong leadership and communication skills will also be critical, as is the ability to empower and support staff to speak up, make decisions and deliver key outcomes.
Temora Shire Council is looking for candidates with 'an eye for the real world' and an understanding that things that work in the big cities are not necessarily going to work in a smaller regional community, and plan solutions accordingly. As a hands-on leader, you will be able to prioritise your workload to ensure you manage resources, and roll up your own sleeves to get the job done, as required.
Please Note: A current class C driver's licence is required for this role.
On offer to the successful candidate is a highly attractive salary package negotiable with skills and experience plus salary sacrificing options, a fully maintained company vehicle and negotiable relocation assistance, if required.
Temora Shire Council encourages professional development and ongoing training opportunities for all employees. You'll enjoy working within the friendly and supportive environment where you are truly appreciated for the work that you put in.
About Temora Shire Council
Temora Shire is a local government area in the Riverina region of New South Wales, Australia. The Shire was created on 1 January 1981 via the amalgamation of Narraburra Shire and the Municipality of Temora. Approximately two hours drive to Canberra in the east, and a one and a half hour drive to Griffith in the west, Temora Shire is strategically positioned in the heart of the State's rich sheep-wheat belt and is regarded as one of the safest agricultural areas in New South Wales.
Temora Shire includes the town of Temora, and villages of Ariah Park and Springdale and outreaches to other small communities outside the Shire boundary. With a strong retail trade sector and an active business community, it offers an abundance of shopping options and all the infrastructure you would expect of a larger city.
If you are an experienced Works Manager looking for a tree change this could be the opportunity you've been waiting for - Apply Now!