Engineering Works Manager
- Are you an experienced Civil Engineer looking for a hands-on operational management role?
- Attractive remuneration circa $80,000 - $101,000 + super, fully maintained vehicle and relocation assistance!
- Enjoy a great work/life balance with generous leave and a 70 hour fortnight!
About Temora Shire Council
Temora is situated approximately 80km north of Wagga Wagga in the beautiful Riverina region (South West) of New South Wales. Canberra is two hours drive to the east, with Griffith a 1.5-hour drive to the west. It has the benefits of being centrally located between the Cities of Sydney and Melbourne.
Temora Shire includes the town of Temora, and villages of Ariah Park and Springdale and outreaches to other small communities outside the Shire boundary. With a strong retail trade sector and an active business community, you won't be short of shopping options within the town. Temora Shire is also strategically positioned in the heart of the State's rich sheep-wheat belt and is regarded as one of the safest agricultural areas of New South Wales.
About the Opportunity
Temora Shire Council now has a newly created opportunity for a skilled Engineering Works Manager to join their multidisciplinary team in beautiful Temora, NSW.
Reporting to and supporting the Engineering Technical Services Manager, you will primarily be responsible for managing the delivery of all capital and maintenance works undertaken by Council. You will be an active contributor to the Engineering team, working collectively to deliver Council’s endorsed Operational Plan and Delivery Program
More specifically, some of your daily tasks will include (but may not be limited to):
- Managing capital works and maintenance projects with a total budget of circa $10M; and including urban and rural roads and services, emergency response and general works; as well as managing the Works depot, procurement and operational administration;
- Leading 3 direct reports and a total team of around 40 staff;
- Acting as a vital link between Council’s Executive Team and operational staff;
- Coordinating and administering projects in accordance with legislation, Council policies, design specifications, budgets and time frames;
- Assisting the Engineering Technical Services Manager with monitoring capital and maintenance expenditure against budgeted allocations;
- Providing ongoing guidance, support, coaching and training to direct reports; and
- Implementing, monitoring and complying with the Council's WHS systems.
The ideal candidate will have tertiary qualifications in Civil Engineering or a similar discipline and although it is not a requirement, experience in a local government setting will be highly regarded. You will have a strong technical ability, as well as an 'eye for the real world' and an understanding that things that work in big cities are not necessarily going to work in a smaller regional community, and planning unique solutions accordingly.
You will have a high level of interpersonal, negotiation and conflict resolution skills, allowing you to build and sustain positive relationships with a diverse range of key stakeholders. As you will have a number of direct reports, strong leadership and communication skills are a must, as is the ability to empower and support staff to speak up, make decisions and deliver key outcomes.
Your success in this role will hinge on your ability to work within the constraints set by the council and the ability to roll your sleeves up to get the job done. Your ability to prioritise your workload will ensure you manage resources, tasks and requirements effectively in order to meet deadlines.
You will have strong computer skills and be proficient in a range of systems, including Microsoft Office and experience with CAD programs will also be highly regarded.
Please Note: A current class C driver's licence is required for this role.
About the Benefits
If you are looking to take the next step in your civil engineering career, then this is the role for you!
In exchange for your hard work and dedication an excellent salary circa $80,000 - $101,000(commensurate with experience) is on offer! You will also benefit from negotiable relocation assistance, salary sacrificing options and a fully maintained company vehicle!
Temora Shire Council encourages professional development and upskilling and offers an enviable work/life balance working a 70 hour fortnight and generous annual leave.
In addition, you'll enjoy working within the friendly and supportive environment that can really only be found in this beautiful region, where your hard work will genuinely be appreciated.
Don't miss the exciting opportunity to work for a dedicated local government in beautiful surroundings - Apply Now!